If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Blue badges

Customer notice

We are currently updating our website with a cleaner, mobile-friendly design. This page will be updated with the new design soon. Thank you for your patience.

Please tell us what you think about our website, we welcome your feedback.

What is a Blue Badge?

A Blue Badge:

  • Allows drivers or passengers with severe mobility problems to park close to where they need to go.
  • Blue Badge holders can either be the driver or the passenger of a vehicle they are travelling in.

Do I qualify for a Blue Badge?

You will automatically qualify if you are over three years old and meet one of the following criteria:

  • You receive the higher rate of mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance, or eight points or more in the 'moving around' section of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
  • You receive the mobility supplement to the War Pension.
  • You are registered blind or severely sight impaired.
  • You receive an award under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

You may qualify if:

  • You are over three years old and have a permanent and substantial disability, which means you are unable to walk or have considerable difficulty in walking.
  • You are applying on behalf of a child under three who has a specific condition that means they must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment or need quick access to transport to hospital or home.
  • You drive regularly and have a severe disability in both arms, making it very difficult to operate parking meters.
  • You are an organisation responsible for the care and transport of eligible people in registered disabled passenger vehicles or vehicles adapted to carry disabled people. Please telephone the Blue Badge team on 01225 713002 if you require further advice on this kind of application.

You do not qualify if:

  • You have a temporary disability, such as a broken leg, are waiting for surgery, or have a condition lasting less than three years.
  • Your only issue is getting in and out of the car.
  • You are partially sighted. Only a person who is registered blind under the National Assistance Act 1948 automatically qualifies for a badge.
  • People with a psychological disorder will not normally qualify unless their impairment causes very considerable difficulty in walking.

Apply or renew a Blue Badge

Lost, stolen or damaged Blue Badges

If your badge was lost, please contact the Blue Badge team for a replacement on 01225 713002 or email bluebadge@wiltshire.gov.uk.

If your badge has been stolen, please report it to the police, who will give you a crime reference number. You can then request a replacement Blue Badge by emailing bluebadge@wiltshire.gov.uk or telephone us on 01225 713002.

You will need to provide another photograph for your replacement badge, as well as proof of your indentity and address. Replacement badges are only issued for the period the first badge was valid for and will cost £10.

If your Blue Badge is so damaged or faded that the details on it cannot be seen clearly, you should contact us to arrange a replacement. You will need to provide proof of identity and address will also be charged £10 for a replacement.

Change the details on your Blue Badge

Change of address

If you have moved, changed your contact number or your email address, please let us know so we can update our records. You can telephone us on 01225 713002 or email bluebadge@wiltshire.gov.uk.

If your new address is in another county and your badge has not expired, you can continue to use your current badge until it is no longer valid. Please advise your new local authority of your new address so that your details can be transferred over. When your badge expires you will need to re-apply to your new local authority.

Change of name

If you have married, separated or divorced, or your name has changed for any other reason, you will need a replacement badge in your new name. You can email bluebadge@wiltshire.gov.uk or telephone us on 01225 713002 to tell us about your change of name and request a replacement badge. You will need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce certificate or deed poll document as evidence of your name change and you will be charged £10 for a replacement.

Displaying your Blue Badge

  • The badge should be displayed on the car dashboard.
  • Clearly visible so that details can be checked.
  • Displayed with the expiry date upwards.
  • The photograph should not be on display.

Contact Details (LiveLink)

Multiple Contacts:
Telephone: 01225 713002
Out of hours:
Postal Address:

Customer Services
Wiltshire Council
County Hall
BA14 8JN

In Person:

Last updated: 17 January 2014


  • Pay
  • Report
  • Book
  • Apply


This website