For small businesses and childcare settings who have limited budgets, staff may be expected to take unpaid leave to attend training and contribute towards the cost of training. Employers need to be sure there is a fair balance between the employee and employer contributions. For this purpose, employers and employees can utilise schemes set up to help with course fees.
- Apprenticeship support grants
- Advanced learner loans
- Professional and career development loans
- Student finance
- Discretionary learner support
- City & Guilds funding, busaries and student grants
- One Degree More grants
Qualifications are mostly work based although some are delivered in a college setting or as a mixture of the two. You should assign your learner an experienced mentor who can guide them through their qualification in the workplace. The best person would be someone who has already gained or surpassed the qualification level and would be keen to be a mentor as part of their own progression.
As an employer you should ensure adequate time is provided for your employee to get support with their written work, identify work based evidence and to discuss feedback on progress. When planning your staff training you should consider which courses will benefit team resilience as well as personal progression, the cost, and how training will be recorded.Close
We offer a package for childcare providers interested in advertising job vacancies on the Wiltshire Council website. Included in this package is support to ensure your adverts are appropriate with regard to mimimum wage levels, employment laws, safer recruitment and qualifications. We can also help you to ensure your advert is attractive to potential applicants.
A yearly subscription to this service gives you:
- Unlimited vacancy advertisements
- Exclusive updates and alerts on workforce and recruitment issues
- Advertisements listed in our monthly training newsletter distributed to 1200 subscribers each month
- Advertisements displayed at local recruitment fairs the Childcare team attend
- Free vacancy advertisements on our Facebook (Wiltshire Early Years & Childcare) and Twitter (@childcarewilts) accounts
If you would like to take advantage of this offer please call the team on: 01225 712966 or email them at: email@example.comClose