We are a group that meets most months to have some fun and, also, to talk about living in care – what it’s like, what works well and what needs to change. We are different ages, from 10 up. As well as meeting with each other, we sometimes meet with adults who make decisions about looked after children and living in care to tell them our views.
CiCC is a very important part of Wiltshire Council and helps the council to remember that children are at the centre of decisions that it takes.Close
Lots of different things! We help to get the voice of children and young people heard.
- We comment on all sorts of services and plans
- We interview key staff for new jobs in children's services
- We train new staff, including foster carers
- We campaign for change - we helped to raise the Leaving Care grant
- We meet our Corporate Parents and helped them to decide what is important for them to focus on
- We create leaflets and information for looked after children and care leavers
- We take part in Ofsted Inspections and meet inspectors
A handy downloadable CiCC handbook is available