Above is the video of our Director of Family and Children's Services Lucy Townsend talking to our Programme Lead Theresa Leavy and Deborah Smith, Head of Public Protection in Wiltshire Police about why we are rolling out the FACT programme in Wiltshire.
We are always seeking to improve the services we provide for our children and young people to help them live safely, healthily and happily in their own families and communities.
The FACT programme is building on the considerable progress already made to ensure the services which safeguard and support children and young people work together in a coherent and structured way.
This is a wide-ranging programme to streamline and improve the way we work by taking a whole-system, holistic approach with corporate partners, staff, children, young people and their families.
We will promote multi-agency integration which will make us more efficient in providing our services and more effective at helping families and children achieve positive outcomes.
As part of our shared vision and shared Practice Framework, professionals will maximise the time spent with families, providing early support to prevent escalation and ensuring that our children thrive in their own communities.Close
FACT is a joint programme with our partners with five driving principles:
- Intervene earlier – we will provide support early to prevent families’ difficulties escalating and in doing so improve outcomes and reduce demand for higher tier services
- We want families to be able to care for their children; where children cannot continue to live in their immediate or wider family or community we will ensure they achieve permanence in a timely and effective way
- We will reduce spend by eradicating duplication, simplifying and integrating processes and improving multi-agency integrated working and collaboration
- We will maximise time spent with families and in doing so improve the child’s experience of support and build resilience in communities
- We will ensure we are an effective confident workforce with a robust career profile operating a consistent practice framework within a learning organisation.
For the final word take a look at this Adverse Childhood Experience video which illustrates why we all need to ensure we are providing the best for our children and young people.