Exit Accessibility View

Children's rights service

Does the following apply to you, or anyone you know who is aged over seven? 

  • 'Looked After' (in public care).
  • Left care, up to the age of 21, or 24 if in full-time education.
  • Making or thinking about making a complaint (about the social care or youth offending services).
  • Subject to child protection plans.
  • Disabled.

If the answer is yes, the Wiltshire Children's Advocacy service may be able to:

  • Help you express your views and wishes to ensure they have been heard and taken into account by people who make decisions that affect you.
  • Help you to understand the decisions that have been made about you.
  • Speak on your behalf if you are unhappy about the way you are being treated by social services or you are worried about plans being made, such as a move.
  • Accompany you at meetings and reviews.
  • Help you to understand your rights.

County Community Projects (CCP) only get involved if you, or a young person you know, want them to. Contact CCP if you think they can help you, or if you think the service can help a young person you know. But make sure you have the young person's consent to contact CCP on their behalf.

Wiltshire Council has made a set of commitments to children and young people living in care. These are the things that young people have told us are important to them and which we aspire to provide.

Our Corporate Parenting Panel, which monitors and oversees the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people who live in care, signed a revised copy of the Promise in November 2017. 

Share this page

Last updated: 8 January 2018 | Last reviewed: 8 January 2018