For more information on the volunteering response to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, please visit our dedicated page.
There are great benefits to volunteering for individuals, for communities and for organisations. Wiltshire Council recognises these and operates a Volunteer Strategy to help get the most value from volunteering for everyone.
There are many opportunities to volunteer across Wiltshire. These could be at a one-off event or a longer-term commitment. To search for opportunities in your area you can visit your area page on http://ocm.wiltshire.gov.uk.
As well as volunteering opportunities in the community Wiltshire Council relies on the help of volunteers to deliver some of its important community services. Click on the links below to see what is involved in each opportunity and how to get in contact if you want to volunteer.
- Independent visitor scheme supporting young people living in care http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/children-young-people-independent-visitor-scheme
- Youth Offending http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/children-young-people-youth-offending
• Home Library Service
• Helping to operate libraries and provide support
• Helping with the Summer Reading Challenge
• Supporting children’s activities
• Older people champions
• Young People Champions (Local Youth Network members),
• Digital Champions
• Health and Wellbeing champions
• Carers Champions
• Dementia Friends
• Community Speed watch
Contact local Community Engagement Manager via http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/council-democracy-area-boards
What can you expect from us?
• To be considered in a fair selection process for the role you are interested in.
• To be part of delivering an efficient and effective and community service.
• To have an appropriate induction for the role you will fulfil.
• To be supported through the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) system if required for your chosen role.
• To receive training as required for the role.
• To be given on-going support and reviews if appropriate.
• To have your achievements celebrated.