Wiltshire Registration Service is committed to delivering an excellent service to all its customers and we strive to continually improve the quality and efficiency of our service. The Customer Charter tells you what you can expect and how you can assist in helping to improve the service.
The Wiltshire Registration Service has agreed the following Service Standards. We will:
- Deal with people in a courteous, polite and helpful manner.
- Act confidentially and with sensitivity at all times.
- Ensure information provided is appropriate, correct and timely.
- Aim to offer appointments on a mutually convenient day and time.
- Aim to see customers within 10 minutes of appointment time.
- Issue certificates within 5 working days.
- Aim to provide a good standard of accommodation for all registration services.
- Advertise opening hours clearly outside each building and on the website.
- Ask our customers and stakeholders about the quality of service.
- Listen to comments, respond to complaints and use feedback to shape services in the future.
Performance. We aim to meet the following targets:
- Customers wishing to register a death offered an appointment within 2 working days of request. (Target 98%)
- Customers wishing to register a birth offered an appointment within 5 working days of request. (Target 98%)
- Customers wishing to give notice of marriage and civil partnership offered an appointment within 5 working days of request. (Target 98%)
- Requests for copy certificates dealt with within 7 working days from receipt of completed application. (Target 95%)
When you contact us
- We will respond to your letter, email or fax within 5 working days.
- Our staff will give their name.
Help us provide you with a good customer experience
- Ensure you have prepared for your visit by bringing with you all the necessary documents required.
- Arrive for your appointment on time.
- Let us know if you are going to be delayed – if you are late, we may need to rearrange your appointment.
When you visit us
- Our staff will be polite, respectful, attentive to your needs and identify themselves when you visit an office or an approved venue.
- You will be seen within 10 minutes of your appointment time if you arrive on time. (Target 95%)
- An apology and explanation will be provided where it is not possible to see a customer at their appointment time.
- If you have an appointment you will be interviewed in a private room.
We hope you will always receive a high quality service, but acknowledge that sometimes things can go wrong.
If you feel we are not meeting this Charter in any way, or we do not perform to your expectations, please tell us, or complete a customer satisfaction survey form, write a letter or send an email.
All complaints will be managed according to the Wiltshire Council Complaints Procedure which is available on the Wiltshire Council website.
A copy of the complaints procedure is also available at the Wiltshire Register Office, Trowbridge and the Registration Offices in Chippenham, Devizes and Salisbury.
We welcome positive feedback whether that is a simple personal thank you or card or letter of appreciation.
This recognition of good service is highly valued by the individual officers and the service as a whole.
Your compliments help us to ensure we are providing the service our clients want. It contributes to our development of the service and the training we provide for officers.
Last updated: 27 June 2012