Tisbury community campus
The planning application for Tisbury Community Campus has now been submitted (reference number: 14/04907/FUL) and can be viewed on the Wiltshire Council planning website. There is an opportunity for residents to provide feedback and comments on the planning application
The following documents show the proposed site plan, proposed internal layout of the campus and the architects images.
To view regular updates from the Tisbury Community Operations Board please visit the Our community matters website.
For additional information or to provide feedback, please contact Tisburycommunitycampus@wiltshire.gov.uk
Tisbury Campus consultation
Since forming, the shadow COB has delivered 2 consultations to the people of the Tisbury community area, in order to find out what local people want and need from a community campus. The result of these consultations formed the campus proposal that was presented to the area board in December 2011 and recommends development of a campus on the Nadder School site to include
- Learning and skills centre for ALL ages with high speed broadband and relevant library
- Consolidated provision for the youth
- Leisure centre including enhanced swimming provision
- Provision for adult social care
- Adequate parking for public meetings at Nadder Hall
- A shuttle bus between the campus and the high street to ease parking in the heart of the village
- Space for Wiltshire Council partners providing other community services to move onto the site in the future
- A community garden or orchard
You can read more detailed information about the campus proposals and consultation results in the following documents:
- Tisbury Shadow COB summary of proposal 290kb
- Tisbury Shadow COB proposal background paper 180kb
- South West Wiltshire Area Board minutes - 7 December 2011
Learning and skills centre
The learning and skills centre at Tusbiry Campus is a core part of the COB's design brief and was strongly supported by the community in both phases of consultation.
The brief of the skills centre will be to make people’s lives better through education, training, life and leisure skills and personal growth, to include all ages. This will support the community’s desire to encourage and retain young people in the area, to promote new work opportunities and to support the large older population. It will provide help and support to unqualified school leavers and offer informal adult education.
Tisbury Shadow Community Operations Board (COB)
The Tisbury shadow COB has been formed by the South West Wiltshire Area Board to represent the community throughout the development of proposals for a community campus inTisbury. To make sure it can represent the local community area effectively, the shadow COB is made up of a member from the area board, a parish council representative and members of various community groups.
For an update on the progress of the shadow COB please read the notes of their most recent meetings below. For minutes from previous meetings please email email@example.com or telephone 01225 718350.
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 24 April 2014 40kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 24 April 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 3 April 2014 38kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 3 April 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 20 March 2014 45kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 20 March 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 27 February 2014 45kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 27 February 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 30 January 2014 46kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 30 January 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 15 May 2014 Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 15 May 2014 189kb
Last updated: 20 June 2014