Community campus plans
Residents have an opportunity to view and comment on the plans for a new Tisbury campus, which will be submitted for planning permission in late spring 2014. The following documents show the proposed site plan, proposed internal layout of the campus and the architects images.
- Proposed site plan Proposed site plan 1mb
- Proposed internal layout Proposed internal layout 455kb
- Campus images Campus images 4mb
The plans are also being shown locally at a number of meetings and one off events you can find out more details on the Our community matters website.
For additional information or to provide feedback, please contact Tisburycommunitycampus@wiltshire.gov.uk
Tisbury Campus consultation
Since forming, the shadow COB has delivered 2 consultations to the people of the Tisbury community area, in order to find out what local people want and need from a community campus. The result of these consultations formed the campus proposal that was presented to the area board in December 2011 and recommends development of a campus on the Nadder School site to include
- Learning and skills centre for ALL ages with high speed broadband and relevant library
- Consolidated provision for the youth
- Leisure centre including enhanced swimming provision
- Provision for adult social care
- Adequate parking for public meetings at Nadder Hall
- A shuttle bus between the campus and the high street to ease parking in the heart of the village
- Space for Wiltshire Council partners providing other community services to move onto the site in the future
- A community garden or orchard
You can read more detailed information about the campus proposals and consultation results in the following documents:
- Tisbury Shadow COB summary of proposal 290kb
- Tisbury Shadow COB proposal background paper 180kb
- South West Wiltshire Area Board minutes - 7 December 2011
Learning and skills centre
The learning and skills centre at Tusbiry Campus is a core part of the COB's design brief and was strongly supported by the community in both phases of consultation.
Tisbury Shadow Community Operations Board (COB)
The Tisbury shadow COB has been formed by the South West Wiltshire Area Board to represent the community throughout the development of proposals for a community campus inTisbury. To make sure it can represent the local community area effectively, the shadow COB is made up of a member from the area board, a parish council representative and members of various community groups.
For an update on the progress of the shadow COB please read the notes of their most recent meetings below. For minutes from previous meetings please email email@example.com or telephone 01225 718350.
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 27 February 2014 45kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 27 February 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 30 January 2014 46kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 30 January 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 9 January 2014 44kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 9 January 2014
- Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 12 December 2013 48kb Tisbury Shadow COB meeting notes - 12 December 2013
Last updated: 9 April 2014