As more and more organisations develop their online services, it is becoming increasingly important for everyone in our communities to feel confident with the basics of computers and have access to a computer and the internet. Access to the internet is vital in today’s society.
Wiltshire council’s Wiltshire Online Team is rolling out free wireless internet access across:
- Public offices
- Youth development centres
- Leisure centres
Wireless internet, often referred to as WiFi allows you to connect to the internet in any Wi-Fi enabled building without the need to plug in. You can take along your Wi-Fi enabled laptop, tablet or smart phone and browse the internet for free.
- Go to your devices settings tab
- Look for networks/wireless tab
- Look for WiFi settings tab
- Search available WiFi networks for WiltsOnline
- Select WiltsOnline
- Go back to settings and launch the internet
- A registration page will appear – go to create account if you have not done so - fill in your name, mobile number and email address
- A code will be texted/emailed to you
- Go to login page, enter your email address as the username and the code, tick the box to confirm you accept the terms and conditions and you will be free to browse
- Once you have logged in the first time the code can be changed to a more memorable code or word