Our next area board will be held on Monday 14 September at Woodborough Social Club. Come along and find out more about a range of local issues that affect you. Everyone is very welcome to come along and take part. The meeting starts at 7pm but from 6.30pm there will be refreshments and a chance to network.
Our Community Matters
The Pewsey Our Community Matters website is a great way to keep up to date with local news, events, initiatives and job opportunities. Anyone can register to add information to the site, so please take a look and spread the word.
The Wiltshire councillors who represent the Pewsey area are:
- Cllr Jerry Kunkler (Chairman) - Pewsey
- Cllr Stuart Wheeler - Burbage and The Bedwyns
- Cllr Paul Oatway QPM - Pewsey Vale
These councillors sit on the Pewsey Area Board. If you have an issue that you would like to raise with the board we suggest you contact your local councillor first to discuss.
Meeting dates for Pewsey
Find out about the Area board meeting dates for up-to-date session times, meeting locations, agendas and previous minutes.
All meetings start at 7pm unless stated, there will be tea and coffee available from 6.30pm
The Pewsey community area includes the parishes of: Alton, Beechingstoke, Burbage, Buttermere, Charlton, Chirton, Easton, Grafton, Great Bedwyn, Ham, Huish, Little Bedwyn, Marden, Manningford, Milton Lilbourne, North Newnton, Oare, Patney, Pewsey, Rushall, Shalbourne, Stanton St. Bernard, Upavon, Wilcot, Wilsford, Woodborough and Wootton Rivers.
- Who is on the board?
- How can you get involved?
- Agendas, reports and minutes
- Issues tracking - What is being done about the community issues?
- Pewsey area profile - View interesting statistics about the area.
- Pewsey Area Board Highway Information Pewsey area board highway information 11mb
- Useful maps of the area
- Pewsey Community Area Plan Pewsey Community Area Plan 586kb
- Intelligence Network a website that has been created to provide access to a wide variety of information and research for Wiltshire.
- Joint Strategic Assessment Joint Strategic Assessment 31kb - priorities from the meeting held on 24 February 2014
Community Area Grant Scheme
If you are a community enthusiast, community or voluntary group, town or parish council looking to fund a community project in Wiltshire during 2015/2016 then you might be eligible for a community area grant. Further information is available on the community grants scheme page.
Deadline for receipt of community area grant applications:
- Monday 21 September 2015 for consideration on 2 November 2015
- Monday 30 November 2015 for consideration on 11 January 2016
- Monday 25 January 2016 for consideration on 7 March 2016
There is also funding for activities for young people. Please contact the Pewsey Community Youth Officer, Karen Brown email@example.com for more information.
Local Youth Network
Pewsey Local Youth Network (LYN) identifies the local needs and priorities of young people. The LYN will make recommendations to the area board on how activity funding should be allocated. If you are interested in being involved with the LYN please contact Pewsey Community Youth Officer Karen Brown firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01380 826518.
Community campus project
Find out more about the Pewsey Campus project
Community Area Transport Group (CATG)
- Notes of the meeting held 6 July 2015 Notes of the meeting held 1 July 2015 296kb
- Notes of the meeting held 4 February 2015 Notes of the meeting held 4 February 2015 71kb
- Notes of the meeting held 15 October 2014 Notes of the meeting held 15 October 2014 170kb
- Notes of the meeting held 23 July 2014 Notes of the meeting held 23 July 2014 162kb
- Notes of the meeting held 23 April 2014 Notes of the meeting held 23 April 2014 54kb
- Notes of the meeting held 5 February 2014 Notes of the meeting held 5 February 2014 156kb
- Notes of the meeting held 4 December 2013 Notes of the meeting held 4 December 2013 156kb
- Notes of the meeting held 14 August 2013 Notes of the meeting held 14 August 2013 169kb
- Notes of the meeting held 5 June 2013 Notes of the meeting held 5 June 2013 171kb
- Notes of the meeting held 17 April 2013 Notes of the meeting held 17 April 2013 188kb
For more details about your area board or how to apply for a grant please contact Ros Griffiths, Community Engagement Manager email@example.com or call 01225 718372.
Last updated: 31 July 2015