Each day, we make thousands of decisions and try hard to give the best possible service but we accept that sometimes things can go wrong. Your comments; good or bad, help us plan for the future.
Sometimes you can fix your issue without needing to make a formal complaint. You may find using these routes will provide you a quicker response:
- Commenting on a planning application
- Challenging a parking ticket
- Car park maintenance and defect reporting
- Reporting a missed rubbish or recycling collection
- Appealing against your council tax bill
- Challenging or appealing against a housing benefit decision
- Challenging or appealing against a council tax decision
- Reporting littering, flytipping, dog fouling, graffiti, etc
- Reporting a highway problem
- Making a claim for compensation for damage that has occurred on the public highway
- Appealing a decision about a school place
You can also report an issue in your community to your local Area Board.
If you wish to make a comment or observation, rather than a complaint, you can contact the council and your comments will be forwarded to the relevant service.
How do I complain and who do I complain to?
You can make a complaint about the following:
- Complaints about adult social care
- Complaints about children's social services
- Complaints about a school
- Complaints about a councillor/council member
- Complaints about the Wiltshire Police and Crime Commissioner
For all other complaints about services please see our making a complaint page or you can contact us;
- through our online complaint form
- by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone - 01225 718400
- by writing to us at: Customer Complaints Team, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, BA14 8JN
Advice for people who want to make a complaint
A number of organisations can provide further advice and support, depending on the nature of your complaint. We have put together a list of organisations that might be able to help you.
If you are unsure who to speak to or want some general advice, please contact the customer complaints team.
Customer Complaints Team
Last updated: 23 July 2015