Every August/September, each property in Wiltshire will receive a Register of Electors form. This form is used to update the information we have about who is registered to vote at the property.
You need to be included if you are:
- 18 and over
- British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union Citizens
- 16/17 years old (so that you are eligible to vote as soon as you turn 18)
- Living at an address in Wiltshire on the 15th October.
You must return your form by law and failure to do so, or to give false information, could result in a £1,000 fine.
You should not assume because you were registered last year you will be registered this year, new regulations that are in force mean that if you do not return your form within two consecutive years your names will be removed. If you aren't registered not only will you not be able to vote, you may also find that you are refused credit or loans.
No Changes to your Canvass Form?
If there are no changes to the information shown on the form you can confirm this by:
- Telephone - ring the freephone number shown on the form and quote both parts of the security codes when prompted
- Internet - log onto www.registerbyinternet.com/wiltshire and enter both parts of the security codes that are shown on the form when prompted
- Text - text the code shown on the form to 80212
- Post - sign the form and return in the prepaid envelope provided
If you need to make any changes to your form because the information shown is incorrect ( for example adding people to the form or deleting people):
- Amend the form to show the correct information
- Sign the form
- Return the form by post in the prepaid envelope provided.
Last updated: 30 November 2012