Could you be a local councillor?
- Do you have a desire to help and become involved in your community?
- Do you believe in helping others to help themselves?
- Do you like a different challenge every day?
- Have you ever shouted at the TV and thought you could do better?
- Are you prepared to stand up and be counted?
- Are you self motivated?
- Are you prepared to take part in learning and development opportunities?
- Do you have time to spare to meet this significant commitment?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, it might be time for you to stand as a local councillor.
Becoming a councillor
We need good quality councillors at all levels, who are ready and willing to engage with the community and make tough decisions. This could be by standing as a unitary, town or parish councillor, campaigning on local issues, volunteering or attending meetings.