This 10 hour course will help you understand the different ways in which maths is taught in schools and will provide opportunities to use equipment that may be used in your child’s school.Close
- You will become familiar with number bonds.
- You will learn about the ‘grid method’ and how to ‘chunk’!
- You will learn about the various uses of
- number lines.
- You’ll get tips and ideas on encouraging both written and mental maths skills.
- You will refresh your own maths skills too!
This 10 hour course will help you to understand how English is taught in school today and will provide tips and ideas on encouraging reading, writing, speaking and listening English skills. The course will help you to support your child with their homework.Close
- You will learn about different methods teachers use to teach English in school.
- You will find out about the different ways children learn.
- You will share ways to support children’s reading, writing and spelling development.
- You will also refresh your own English skills at the same time!
These courses are for parents and carers who wish to improve their own everyday maths or English skills and to be able to support their child’s learning in these areas. Any adult family member or carer who would like to support their children with their learning and homework is welcome.Close
These are small, classroom-based courses where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.Close
These are 10-hour courses delivered over 5 weeks in short 2-hour sessions, once a week.Close
Funding is available to cover the cost of this course so it will be free for you to attend. The funding does not support paid carers of other children to attend, unless attending with their own child. There may be free childcare by prior arrangement.Close
You will be required to complete some paperwork during this course. This will record and support your learning journey and successes.Close
If you have 5 GCSEs grades A to C (5 O Levels) this course may not be suitable for you. Please contact us if you require further details; we’d love to hear from you
Employed or Unemployed
Resident in the UK or EU for 3 years
Aged 19 or over (contact us regarding exceptions)Close
Growing a lifelong love of learning with families in Wiltshire
- Discover opportunities
- Develop Skills
- Achieve ambitions