Now that you’ve completed your Family Learning course you may like to think about further learning and/or working opportunities.
The following websites and telephone numbers will help you find out more as well as help and support on relevant information and possible ‘next step’ routes.
- New College 01793 611470 Courses for fun or to get a qualification in Swindon
- Swindon College www.swindon-college.ac.uk 0800 7312250 Courses for fun or to get a qualification
- Wiltshire College www.wiltshire.ac.uk 01225 350035 Courses for fun or to get a qualification at venues across Wiltshire
- Improve English, maths & IT skills https://www.gov.uk/improve-english-maths-it-skills National course advice and information
- Learn Direct www.learndirect.co.uk 0800 101 901 Courses to study at home or in local centres
- The Learning Curve http://www.learningcurve.org.uk/ 01225 792500 Courses for young mums and IT
- University of the Third Age www.u3a.org.uk 020 8466 6139 Learning co-operatives for people no longer in full-time employment
- Workers Education Association Adult learning and leisure in the west country 01392 457300
Wiltshire Libraries Information on library services, mobile libraries, local activities and county advice.
Scrapstore 01249 730011 Craft courses and supplies from Lacock charity that runs sessions/outreach around Wiltshire
Wiltshire events Find out about what’s happening in Wiltshire
Learning with the BBC
- CAB Free information and advice on legal, money and other issues
- Child Benefits benefit entitlements
- Step Change debt charity 0800 138 1111
Free debt help and advice
- Gov UK Information on money, benefits, employment, education, health and much more
- National Debtline 0808 808 4000 Free debt help and advice
- Money advice service Free and impartial money advice
- Association of British Credit Unions 0161 832 3694 Information about credit unions and your local branch, savings cooperative with very low interest rates for borrowing
- Gingerbread 0808 802 0925 Support for single parents
- Refuge 0808 200 0247 (24 hour helpline) Domestic violence help for women and children
- Relate 0300 100 1234 Advice, counselling and therapy for families and couples
- RESPECT 0808 802 4040 Support for domestic violence
- Samaritans 116 123 (free for land and mob) Confidential, non-judgemental emotional support 24/7
- Home-Start 01672 5695457 Friendship and support for families with children under 5
- Stonewall Information, advice and support about LGBT community
- Family lives Parenting advice and support
- Alcoholics Anonymous 0800 9177 650 Support for alcohol problems and addiction
- Healthy Start 0845 607 6823 Free milk, fruit, vegetables and vitamins for families on certain benefits
- Change for Life Join up and keep fit and healthy!
- Drug and Alcohol Support 0300 123 6600
- Stop smoking 0800 022 4332
- Disability advice
Growing a lifelong love of learning with communities in Wiltshire.
- Discover opportunities
- Develop Skills
- Achieve ambitions