Gaining an understanding of working effectively and productively in the workplace. Learning how to work confidently as part of a team.
The course will give practical advice and guidance on creating positive and practical working relationships with colleagues and confidently dealing with work related problems.
Parents and carers who are thinking of returning to employment or are entering employment for the first time will gain valuable knowledge that is essential to maintain a healthy and happy working life.
- How to work effectively as a team
- An understanding of acceptable communication
- Understanding protected rights, discrimination and prejudices
- Understanding attitudes and behaviour in the workplace
- How to form positive and productive relationships in the workplace
- Understanding how to support others
- How to deal with conflict at work
- Coping with change
- Developing self confidence
- Overcoming problems
- How to recognise the next steps to employment
Ten weekly 2 hour sessions with some home-learning activities.
Growing a lifelong love of learning with families in Wiltshire
- Discover opportunities
- Develop Skills
- Achieve ambitions