We will learn about options for a career working in education or with children. We will explore the different jobs available, and create an action plan to take steps towards a work or volunteering role in this field. We will explore how to support learning and how English and maths are taught at different levels. We will also look at the social and emotional aspects of learning, and how learning is assessed at different ages.
This is a small, classroom-based course where you’ll learn together and take part in practical group activities, all in a relaxed and friendly environment.
This course is for parents and carers who wish support explore opportunities for working in education / with children.
Any adult family member or carer who would like to develop their confidence returning to work and / or changing career will benefit from attending this course.
- Discover ways that we learn, and how learning can be supported
- Explore the different jobs available in the childcare, schools and education fields
- Create an action plan with next steps for employment or volunteering in an education role
- Find out how English and maths are taught at different levels, and how this learning can be supported
- Name some activities and techniques used to support social and emotional aspects of learning and behaviour
- Recognise and describe different methods of assessment
This is run as 2 hour sessions over 5 weeks with some learning activities to complete at home.
Growing a lifelong love of learning with communities in Wiltshire
- Discover opportunities
- Develop Skills
- Achieve ambitions