Our road network
The interactive map of Wiltshire displays details of any roadworks being carried out by the council and utility companies.
Emergency works won't appear immediately due to their urgent nature. They will be added to the reporting system when we are notified about them.
Trunk roads and motorways
Trunk roads that run through Wiltshire (A303, A36, A417 and A419) and the M4 motorway are operated and maintained by Highways England.
|Utility Company||Emergency Contact Numbers|
|Bristol Water Plc||0345 702 3797|
|Openreach (BT)||03301 233 753|
|GTC Pipelines||0800 111 999|
|National Grid Transico||0800 404 090|
|Scottish and Southern Energy Plc||0800 072 7278|
|Southern Gas Networks||0800 111 999|
|Southern Water Services||0330 303 0368|
|Thames Water Utilities||0800 714 614|
|Virgin Media||0800 649 1122|
|Wales and West Utilities||0800 111 999|
|Wessex Water Plc||0345 600 4600|
|Wiltshire Council - Out of hours duty engineer||0300 456 0105|
Wiltshire Council (the Highway Authority) provides a facility for temporary road closures.
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 S.14 (Street Works)
- Only the Highway Authority (Wiltshire Council), Statutory Undertakes and the Police can apply to close a road.
- Please contact the Highways Department at email@example.com or call 0300 456 0105 if you believe you require road closure. A minimum of twelve weeks notice is required.
- A fixed fee of £1213 is issued to cover the processing and advertising costs related to road closure.
- To apply please complete the TRO application form document which can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Traffic regulation order consultations
- Formal authorisation is required for any promoter wishing to use Portable Traffic Signals on the highway
- It is an offence to place and operate Portable Traffic Signals on the highway without approval from the Highway Authority as given in Traffic Signs regulation and general Directions 2002 Part 11 Direction 53
Please refer to documents in the downloads section.
- Signals procedure
- Signals off protocol
- Signals off risk assessment
We welcome your feedback on our service, please email any comments to our Street Works team firstname.lastname@example.org.