Where are the household recycling centres and
We provide 11 household recycling centres (HRCs) in Wiltshire. All recycling centres are open between 9am to 4pm during the summer (1 April to 31 October), with the exception of Everleigh HRC which is open 10am to 4pm. From the 1 April 2017, the sites at Salisbury, Trowbridge and Stanton St Quintin will now be open 6 days a week. All other sites will continue to open 5 days per week.
- All centres are open at weekends and Mondays
- Check opening days and times before you travel (please download a flyer on the right)
- Generally the centres are particularly busy in the mornings and the day following the weekday closures
- The sites are also particularly busy over Bank Holidays
Household recycling centres
|Amesbury||01980 676285||Mills Way, Boscombe Down Business Park, SP4 7RX ||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday|
|Devizes||01380 730768||Hopton Industrial Estate, London Road, SN10 2EU||Closed Thursday and Friday|
|Everleigh||01672 563913||Pewsey Road, Everleigh, SN9 6LZ||Closed Wednesday and Thursday|
|Lower Compton||01249 822141||Hills Materials Recovery Facility, Old Camp Farm, Calne, SN11 8RB||Closed Wednesday and Thursday|
|Marlborough||01672 516696||Marlborough Business Park, Salisbury Road, SN8 4AN||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday|
|Melksham||01225 708683||Lancaster Road, Bowerhill Industrial Estate, SN12 6QT||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday|
|Purton||01793 778205||Mopes Lane, SN5 4HG||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday|
|Salisbury*||01722 415040||Stephenson Road, Churchfields Industrial Estate, SP2 7NP||Closed Thursday|
|Stanton St Quintin*||01249 750050||Sutton Benger Road, Chippenham, SN14 6BD ||Closed Thursday|
|Trowbridge||01225 768783||Canal Road Industrial Estate, BA14 8RL||Closed Friday|
|Warminster||01985 211531||Furnax Lane, BA12 8PE||Closed Wednesday and Thursday|
* Users of large vans and trailers at these locations are encouraged to use alternative sites. Amesbury is a suitable alternative to Salisbury and Lower Compton a suitable alternative to Stanton St QuintinClose
- Audio cassettes
- Appliances (large and small)
- Cans (food, drink)
- Car batteries
- Car parts (drained of any fluids)
- Cartons (drinks, food and Tetra pak)
- CDs and DVDs
- Chemicals (household and garden)
- Clothes and textiles
- Computers and monitors
- Cooking oil (used, domestic)
- Engine oil (used)
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass (clear, mixed, coloured)
- Glasses (spectacles)
- Hardcore and rubble
- Household waste (excess)
- Low energy light bulbs
- Mobile phones
- Paper and cardboard (including newspapers and magazines)
- Plastic bottles
- Plastics including packaging and rigid plastics (but no films, wrappers or plastic bags)
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Tyres (car)
- Video tapes
- Wood and timber Please note you can only take cement bonded asbestos to the household recycling centres in Purton, Warminster and Salisbury and you must arrange an appointment
- If you have items that you think are reusable, please do not take these to the household recycling centres. Instead visit our Large Item Reuse and Collection page for reuse options in Wiltshire. Alternatively, you can take other items to your local reuse charity or charity shop
- We are working with Repair Academy to trial collecting and reusing unwanted household goods from the Household Recycling Centres. Staff at household recycling centres identify suitable furniture, bric-a-brac and white goods for donation to the Repair Academy
Mini recycling sites to close
The introduction of kerbside recycling for materials including paper, cans, glass and textiles has led to a large drop in the number of people using our mini recycling sites. As a result, the following mini recycling sites will close from July 2017:
• Chippenham - Morrisons car park. Closing 11 July 2017.
• Devizes - Morrisons car park. Closing 12 July 2017.
• Malmesbury - Station Yard car park. Closing 13 July 2017.
• Mere - Salisbury Street car park. Closing 18 July 2017.
• Tidworth - Tesco car park. Closing 19 July 2017.
• Tisbury - car park. Closing 21 July 2017.
• Warminster - Sambourne Road car park. Closing 14 July 2017.
Any sites not included on this list are not the responsibility of the council.
Don't forget, any extra glass, cans, paper or textiles that won't fit into your black box can be placed into separate open carrier bags (not black bags) alongside.
If you frequently find you have extra recycling, you can order a second black box.