Devizes Household Recycling Centre
Devizes is closed on Thursdays and Fridays.
Hopton Industrial Estate, London Road, SN10 2EU
Operated by FCC Environment on behalf of Wiltshire Council.
Important information for all users
From 9 April 2018, you may be asked to provide a proof of address in order to use the household recycling centre.
Acceptable examples include:
• Drivers licence
• Council tax bill
• Utility bill (either a printed or an electronic version is acceptable)
• Your van or large trailer permit, if you are visiting the site in one of these
For more information, download the FAQs.
Devizes Household Recycling Centre is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
It is open between 9am to 4pm during the summer (1 April to 31 October) and 10am to 4pm during the winter (1 November to 31 March).
Generally the centre is particularly busy in the mornings and the day following the weekday closures. Weekends can also be busy.
Note that the sites are also particularly busy over Bank Holiday weekends.Close
- Audio cassettes
- Appliances (large and small)
- Cans (food, drink)
- Car batteries
- Car parts (drained of any fluids)
- CDs and DVDs
- Chemicals (household and garden)
- Clothes and textiles
- Computers and monitors
- Cooking oil (used, domestic)
- Engine oil (used)
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Food and drink cartons (including Tetrapaks)
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass (clear, mixed, coloured)
- Glasses (spectacles)
- Hardcore and rubble
- Household waste (excess)
- Low energy light bulbs
- Mobile phones
- Paint - oil based
- Paint - water based
- Paper (including newspapers and magazines)
- Plastic bottles
- Plastics including packaging and rigid plastics (but no films, wrappers or plastic bags)
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Tyres (car)
- Video tapes
- Wood and timber
If you have items that you think are reusable, do not take these to the household recycling centres. Instead visit our Large Item Reuse and Collection page for information on various reuse options in Wiltshire. Alternatively, you may be able to take other items to your local reuse charity or charity shop.
We are currently working with the Repair Academy to trial collecting and reusing unwanted household goods from the Household Recycling Centres. Staff at household recycling centres identify suitable furniture, bric-a-brac and white goods for donation to the Repair Academy.Close