Household recycling centres are changing
We are refurbishing nine of our household recycling centres. This will mean each site is closed for between one and two weeks. These closures will take place between October and December 2017.
Where are the household recycling centres and
We provide 11 household recycling centres (HRCs) in Wiltshire.
All recycling centres are open between 10am to 4pm during the winter (1 November to 31 March) and 9am to 4pm during the summer (1 April to 31 October), with the exception of Everleigh HRC which is open 10am to 4pm all year round. All sites open 5 days per week with the exception of Salisbury, Trowbridge and Stanton St Quintin which are open 6 days a week during the summer hours.
- All centres are open at weekends and Mondays
- Check opening days and times before you travel (The seasonal hours and days can be found in the Household recycling centres block on this page)
- Generally the centres are particularly busy in the mornings and the day following the weekday closures
- The sites are also particularly busy over Bank Holidays
Household recycling centres
|Location||Telephone||Address||Days closed (winter)||Closed for refurbishment between|
|Amesbury||01980 623160||Mills Way, Boscombe Down Business Park, SP4 7RX||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday||
Closed from 21 November. Reopens on 1 December.
|Devizes||01380 739940||Hopton Industrial Estate, London Road, SN10 2EU||Closed Thursday and Friday||
Closed from 29 November. Reopens on 9 December.
|Everleigh **||01672 562015||Pewsey Road, Everleigh, SN9 6LZ||Closed Wednesday and Thursday||
Closed from 23 October. Reopens on 28 October.
|Lower Compton||01249 822141||Hills Materials Recovery Facility, Old Camp Farm, Calne, SN11 8RB||Closed Wednesday and Thursday||Remains open as normal.|
|Marlborough||01672 515129||Marlborough Business Park, Salisbury Road, SN8 4AN||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday||
Closed from 2 October. Reopens on 12 October.
|Melksham||01225 708344||Lancaster Road, Bowerhill Industrial Estate, SN12 6QT||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday||
Closed from 30 October. Reopens on 11 November.
|Purton||01793 778205||Mopes Lane, SN5 4HG||Closed Tuesday and Wednesday||Remains open as normal.|
|Salisbury*||01722 322309||Stephenson Road, Churchfields Industrial Estate, SP2 7NP||Closed Thursday and Friday||
Closed from 9 November. Reopens on 18 November.
|Stanton St Quintin*||01249 750716||Sutton Benger Road, Chippenham, SN14 6BD||Closed Thursday and Friday||
Closed from 4 December. Reopens on 18 December.
|Trowbridge||01225 755641||Canal Road Industrial Estate, BA14 8RL||Closed Thursday and Friday||
Closed from 13 November. Reopens on 26 November.
|Warminster||01985 211427||Furnax Lane, BA12 8PE||Closed Wednesday and Thursday||
Closed from 11 October. Reopens on 20 October.
* Users of large vans and trailers at these locations are encouraged to use alternative sites. Amesbury is a suitable alternative to Salisbury and Lower Compton a suitable alternative to Stanton St Quintin
** Cardboard, plastics, chemicals and oil-based paints, batteries, and tyres cannot be recycled at Everleigh. Marlborough, Devizes and Amesbury are the nearest alternatives.Close
- Audio cassettes
- Appliances (large and small)
- Batteries **
- Cans (food, drink)
- Car batteries **
- Car parts (drained of any fluids)
- Cardboard **
- CDs and DVDs
- Chemicals (household and garden) **
- Clothes and textiles
- Computers and monitors
- Cooking oil (used, domestic)
- Engine oil (used) **
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Food and drink cartons (including Tetrapaks) **
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass (clear, mixed, coloured)
- Glasses (spectacles)
- Hardcore and rubble
- Household waste (excess)
- Low energy light bulbs **
- Mobile phones
- Paint - oil based **
- Paint - water based
- Paper (including newspapers and magazines)
- Plastic bottles **
- Plastics including packaging and rigid plastics (but no films, wrappers or plastic bags) **
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Tyres (car) **
- Video tapes
- Wood and timber Please note you can only take cement bonded asbestos to the household recycling centres in Purton, Warminster and Salisbury and you must arrange an appointment
** = cannot be recycled at Everleigh household recycling centre. Please use Marlborough, Devizes or Amesbury as the nearest alternatives.
- If you have items that you think are reusable, please do not take these to the household recycling centres. Instead visit our Large Item Reuse and Collection page for reuse options in Wiltshire. Alternatively, you can take other items to your local reuse charity or charity shop
- We are working with Repair Academy to trial collecting and reusing unwanted household goods from the Household Recycling Centres. Staff at household recycling centres identify suitable furniture, bric-a-brac and white goods for donation to the Repair Academy
Mini recycling sites to close
Wiltshire Council are no longer responsible for any mini recycling sites.
Don't forget, any extra glass, cans, paper or textiles that won't fit into your black box can be placed into separate open carrier bags (not black bags) alongside your box.
If you frequently find you have extra recycling, you can order a second black box.