Melksham Household Recycling Centre
From Monday 8 June you must have pre-booked an appointment to visit. Find out more.
Melksham HRC is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, but open on other days of the week.
- Summer (1 April to 31 October) open 9am to 4pm
- Winter (1 November to 31 March) open 10am to 4pm
Journeys to HRCs should only be undertaken if waste or recycling cannot be stored at home safely or disposed of safely by other means, this includes kerbside recycling collections and the bulky waste collections service. Residents are able to leave additional recycling at the kerbside provided it is separated properly and placed in sturdy containers. Find out more.
- Lancaster Road, Bowerhill Industrial Estate, SN12 6QT
- 07856 000908
- Operated by FCC Environment on behalf of Wiltshire Council.
Important information for all users
You may be asked to provide a proof of address in order to use the household recycling centre.
Acceptable examples include:
- Drivers licence
- Council tax bill
- Utility bill (either a printed or an electronic version is acceptable)
- Your van and large trailer permit, if you are visiting the site in one of these
For more information, download the ID FAQs.
Melksham HRC is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Summer (1 April to 31 October) open 9am to 4pm
Winter (1 November to 31 March) open 10am to 4pm
Generally the centre is particularly busy in the mornings and the day following the weekday closures. Weekends can also be busy.
Note that the sites are also particularly busy over Bank Holiday weekends.Close
- Audio cassettes
- Appliances (large and small)
- Cans (food, drink)
- Car batteries
- Car parts (drained of any fluids)
- CDs and DVDs
- Chemicals (household and garden)
- Computers and monitors
- Cooking oil (used, domestic)
- Engine oil (used)
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Food and drink cartons (including Tetrapaks)
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Glass (clear, mixed, coloured)
- Glasses (spectacles)
- Household waste (excess)
- Low energy light bulbs
- Mobile phones
- Paint - oil based
- Paint - water based
- Paper (including newspapers and magazines)
- Plastic bottles
- Plastics including packaging and rigid plastics (but no films, wrappers or plastic bags)
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Soil and rubble
- Tyres (car)
- Video tapes
- Wood and timber
If you have items that you think are reusable, do not take these to the household recycling centres. Instead visit our Large Item Reuse and Collection page for information on various reuse options in Wiltshire. Alternatively, you may be able to take other items to your local reuse charity or charity shop.
We are currently working with the Repair Academy to trial collecting and reusing unwanted household goods from the Household Recycling Centres. Staff at household recycling centres identify suitable furniture, bric-a-brac and white goods for donation to the Repair Academy.Close