From 5 September 2016 if you use a van or a large trailer (between 1.8 and 3 meters) to visit Wiltshire's household recycling centres, you will need a free permit.
To apply you will need:
- Your contact details, address and council tax reference
- registration number
- V5 Registration document serial number
- the make, model and colour of your vehicle.
The following vehicles need a permit
- Vehicles with permanently removed rear seats and/or blanked out rear/side windows
- Flatbed or pick-up type vehicles
- Trailers between 1.8 and 3 metres long
The following vehicles do not need a permit
- small trailer (under 1.8 metres)
|Vehicle Type||Permit Required?|
|Car or 4x4||No|
|Trailer (less than 1.8 metres)||No|
|Trailer (1.8 to 3.0 metres), van or pickup||Yes|
|Trailer (over 3.0 metres)|
Van or pick-up with a trailer (any size)
Any vehicle over 3.5 tonne
|These vehicles will not be allowed at any household recycling centre|
The permit will allow you a maximum of 12 visit a year.
You should receive your permit within three weeks.
Once you have applied and received your permit you need to take it with you each time you visit the household recycling centres and present it to a member of the site staff.
The site staff will check that your vehicle details match those shown on the permit and stamp your permit as a record of your visit.
Your permit allows you a maximum of 12 visits per year.Close
If you are borrowing a van you do not need to apply for a permit.
Just bring along to the site proof of your Wiltshire address (photo identification, such as a driving license, is preferable) and either:
- the permit registered to the vehicle that you are borrowing or
- for a works vehicle, a letter from the business loaning you the van, stating your name and the dates you are borrowing it
If you are hiring a van you do not need to apply for a permit.
Just bring proof of your Wiltshire address (photo identification, such as a driving license, is preferable) and your hire agreement to the site to show site staff.
No, you do not require a permit. Please display your blue badge when on site.