Exit Accessibility View

Needham house Devizes

Needham House, Devizes

Needham House provides modern apartments, allowing older people to live independently in their own homes. The communal areas are also open to the general public and can provide a range of facilities. At Needham House in Devizes, there is a treatment room, a mobility scooter store, a restaurant, a communal lounge, a communal dining room and three activity rooms, 

Needham House consists of 47 self-contained apartments. Every apartment has its own private outdoor space (balcony or patio), one or two bedrooms, a lounge/diner, a fully integrated kitchen and a wetroom.

To apply, for an apartment register on with Homes4Wiltshire. Homes4Wiltshire can also advise on the application process; call 01380 724194 or email homes4wiltshire@wiltshire.gov.uk.

For more information, call 01380 724194.

Find out more about Needham House, Devizes

There are pieces of equipment like lifelines, pendant alarms, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and many others that can help you to remain safe at home, 24 hours a day. 

The council and the NHS have one company to provide this equipment across the county. This company is Medequip-UK, working with Aster Living.


If you or someone living in your property is permanently disabled you may qualify for a disabled facilities grant.

This grant helps with the cost of providing adaptations and facilities to enable the disabled person to continue to live there. 

These grants are given by the Council under Part I of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 and are means tested except in the case of adaptations for children.

Find out more about Disabled Facilities Grants.


Some people require higher levels of support in their housing.
The council can assess and provide referrals to different types of supported accommodation, such as young family units or supported mental health accommodation.

There is a wide range of supported accommodation in Wiltshire, which may be suitable for you if you require assistance to live independently.

The majority of referrals to supported accommodation need to be made through our Housing Options teams. Although some supported properties accept self-referrals, it is a good idea to get in touch with the Housing Options teams if you are interested in this type of accommodation.

If you feel that you don’t need supported accommodation, but would like access to some support in dealing with accommodation and housing issues, you can contact the Housing Options teams.


Sheltered housing is housing for people aged over 50.

Sheltered housing schemes provide independent accommodation with lifeline services.

Have a look at our Sheltered housing page.


Share this page

Last updated: 17 January 2020 | Last reviewed: 17 January 2020