Downside Sheltered Housing, Burcombe Lane, Near Wilton, Salisbury SP2 0ES. Downside is next to a park, and approximately 1 mile from Wilton town centre, and 4 miles from Salisbury. There is a bus stop outside Downside with buses into Wilton and Salisbury.
Wilton is a thriving market town with a dental practise, Co-op, weekly market, churches, pubs and Wilton Shopping Village which includes a range of eating options. There is a GP near to Downside. Salisbury has a wide range of shops, leisure facilities and transport links.Close
Downside offers 14 one bedroomed bungalows for social rent. Utilities are gas central heating and the charges include a 24/7 emergency helpline.
There is a double guest room, residents’ lounge, kitchen and gardens.Close
There is a communal accessible bathroom, shower room and toilets. There is no mobility scooter store.
- Every Wednesday
- Once a month on a Sunday
- Every other Wednesday in Wilton
Over 60's Club
- Every Friday in Wilton
- Elderly people's get together, have lunch and play games
Tenants arrange periodic lunches out togetherClose
- "Very caring scheme, just like one big family, everyone looks out for each other."
- "The area is lovely as we have the best of both worlds, semi-country and semi-town. Most flats have a lovely view over the fields."
- "The scheme is all on one level with no stairs, making it an excellent place of residence for elderly people."