Health Improvement Partnership Awards
Tuesday 04 December 2012
Area: All areas
The Wiltshire Health Improvement Partnership Awards 2013 have been launched and nominations are now open.
The awards celebrate the work of organisations and individuals involved in improving health and wellbeing across Wiltshire.
This will be the fifth year of the awards. In 2012 the awards received a record number of nominations for local schemes as diverse as nursery school eating projects, work place health programmes, road safety campaigns and military primary healthcare.
For the fifth year the awards are supported by corporate sponsors including Liquid Media Group and Sanofi Pasteur MSD.
Nominations for the health awards can be made by visiting the health awards section of the website. The closing date for nominating the work of others is 25 January 2012, and for nominating your own organisation is 31 January 2012.
Councillor Keith Humphries, cabinet member for public health and public protection, Wiltshire Council said:
“Once again I am delighted to announce the launch of the Wiltshire Health Improvement Partnership Awards. These awards are extremely popular and I am sure that we will once again get excellent nominations. Every year I am impressed by the quality of the work being undertaken in Wiltshire and these awards provide an opportunity to celebrate that work.”
Maggie Rae director of public health and public protection, Wiltshire Council/NHS Wiltshire added:
“These awards are an opportunity for organisations and individuals to receive public recognition for the extraordinary work they do, day in day out to help improve people’s health and wellbeing in Wiltshire. I hope that everyone takes a look at the categories and then nominates the work that is going on in their local community.”
The categories for the 2013 Health Improvement Partnership Awards are:
Improved physical activity in children, young people and/or adults award
- Improved healthy eating in children, young people and/or adults award
- Improved sexual health and/or reduced teenage pregnancies award
- The Sanofi Pasteur MSD innovation in health improvement award
- Improvement in mental health and wellbeing award
- The action to reduce health inequalities in community areas award
- The action to reduce smoking prevalence and/or prevent alcohol and/or drug misuse award
- The workplace health & wellbeing award
- The Liquid Media Public Award for an outstanding contribution to improved health and wellbeing
Last updated: Tuesday 04 December 2012