Autumn - Group exercise programme
The group exercise class programme runs throughout the year during term time and school holiday periods.
Health and fitness class types
- CD: Cardio class - designed to raise your heart rate and maximise calorie loss.
- ST: Strengthening and toning classes - to intensify muscle workout focusing on toning, muscle definition, strength and endurance.
- FR: Flexibility and relaxation classes - to relax the body and mind focusing on your core, balance and flexibility.
- SH: Specialist health classes - specifically for health intervention and may require a referral.
- AB: All over body workout classes - a combination of calorie crunching, muscle toning, strength and stamina.
- WB: Water based exercise - low impact classes in the pool to maintain and improve stamina, strength, suppleness and to increase cardiovascular fitness.
- AP: Active plus classes
Juniors attending group exercise classes
Juniors, aged 14 and 15, may attend group exercise classes when accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 16 plus) but are not able to attend the following classes: GRIT plyo and strength, HIIT, Circuits, Body Pump / Ultimate Pump, Kettlebells, Aerotone, LBT, 20:20:20, Boot Camp. This is due to these classes containing weight bearing elements.