The free swimming programme gives under 16's access to swimming pools for free during specific sessions during all Wiltshire school holidays.
The dates in 2019 that free swimming will apply is as follows:
- Monday 18 February - Friday 22 February
- Monday 8 April - Monday 22 April
- Monday 27 May - Friday 31 May
- Friday 26 July - Friday 30 August
- Thursday 24 October - Friday 1 November
- Monday 23 December - Friday 3 January 2020
We are closed on bank holidays and only one free swim per day is allowed.
- Each leisure centre will aim to run at least four 'Fun and Floats' sessions per week that are included in free swimming and therefore will cost nothing to attend.
- Inflatable sessions., instructor led sessions and AquaTots will not be included as part of free swimming - an entry fee will need to be paid for these sessions in order to take part.
Certain All welcome, Family swim, Lane swim and Funky swim's will be free for under 16's. For full details see each leisure centre's timetable.
Please present your free swimming card at reception each time you visit in order to get access to sessions for free.
Registering for a free swim card
All under 16’s need to apply for a free swim membership card, you can collect an application form from:
- Wiltshire Council swimming pools
- Places Leisure swimming pools
- Download Places Leisure free swimming application form, fill in and give to your chosen Places Leisure pool
Download a free swim card application form
Free swimming application forms at Wiltshire Council leisure centres are available to pick up from the leisure centre receptions. The form to apply for free swimming at Places Leisure swimming pools can be downloaded below.
- One form will cover all Wiltshire Council pools
- One form will cover all Places Leisure pools
- To use both Wiltshire council and Places Leisure pools you will need to complete a Wiltshire Council (collect from site) form and a Places Leisure form (collect from site or online)
- A parent / guardian must accompany you when registering
Under eights should be accompanied by a responsible adult in free swimming sessions. Our ratio is no more than two children under the age of eight to every responsible adult.
|Wiltshire Council sites||PFP sites|
|Devizes Leisure Centre||Bradford on Avon Swimming Pool|
|Durrington Swimming and Fitness Centre||Lime Kiln Leisure Centre|
|Five Rivers Community Campus||Melksham Blue Pool|
|Marlborough Leisure Centre||The Activity Zone|
|Pewsey Leisure Centre||The Olympiad Leisure Centre|
|Springfield Community Campus||Trowbridge Sports Centre|
|Calne Leisure Centre||Warminster Sports Centre|
|Westbury Swimming Pool|