Swim challenge is exactly what it sounds like. We provide motivational challenges at all our swimming pools and encourage people to have a go at them - member or non-member.
Swim Challenge 2019
Coming soon to a Wiltshire Council swimming pool. The motorway network challenge:
- Entry level - the M32: 7km, a total of 280 lengths
- Intermediate - the M25: 188km, a total of 7,520 lengths
- Ultra - the M4: 304km, a total of 12,160 lengths
- Ultimate - the M5 / M6 combined: 635km, a total of 25,400 lengths
Follow it on social media #SwimChallenge #WeLoveSwimming and join in for free in 2019 at your local Wiltshire Council swimming pool.
Simply enter your name on the Swim Challenge sheet at reception and log your lengths each time you swim from January:
- Every month we will update the sheet and total up your distances to date
- We'll then share highlights and total distances for each leisure centre online and social media
- No fee to enter - just challenge yourself to do something epic!
2018 - swim the length of the River Thames!
- 346 kilometres long - the equivalent of 215 miles, or 13,840 lengths of the pool
The final numbers...
The table below shows the number of lengths swam in each centre as part of this challenge! Updated January 2019
|Calne Leisure Centre||41,680|
|Devizes Leisure Centre||17,063|
|Durrington Swimming Pool||170,456|
|Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre||87,458|
|Marlborough Leisure Centre||156,683|
|Springfield Community Campus||51,777|
|Tidworth Leisure Centre||1,515|
That means over 8,228 miles completed in this challenge by everyone involved, 14 individuals who have completed the challenge and a number of swimmers that have taken part over the course of the year #SwimTheThames!
Well done to everyone involved and a particular congratulations to the 14 swimmers who have finished the challenge! A serious achievement and a huge congratulations from everyone involved in swimming at Wiltshire Council!