Wiltshire Council operate eight swimming pools in Wiltshire and there are a further eight that are run by Places for People Leisure.
Swimming is a great form of all-round exercise. Regular swimming can reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke. It can also boost your mood and keep your weight under control.
Aqualetes swim school
Aqualetes is available at swimming pools run by Wiltshire Council and follows Swim England's Learn to Swim pathway helping to create happy, healthy and safe swimmers.
- Swimming lessons for all ages.
- Swim school runs for 50 weeks with a break over Christmas.
- We don't have set lesson terms or a re-enrolment process.
- Please refer to Swim school stages or contact reception for further information.
Swim School is available at:
- Calne leisure centre
- Devizes Leisure Centre
- Durrington Swimming and Fitness Centre
- Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre (Salisbury)
- Marlborough Leisure Centre
- Pewsey Sports Centre
- Springfield Health and Wellbeing Centre (Corsham)
- Tidworth Leisure Centre
- £22.20 per month for 30 minute lesson (£16.80 per month for concessions)
- £36.60 per month for 60 minute lesson (£27.40 per month for concessions)
- Note that there will be no charge for your child’s new or renewal leisure card whilst on the direct debit scheme
- To ensure that the direct debit payment is correct, you must ensure that your child’s Leisurecard is renewed annually for full members, or every six months for concessions
- There is a £20 admin fee charge for all new direct debit set ups
- Take advantage of the simple direct debit scheme, and receive two weeks free per year!
- In addition to that, while your child maintains their place on the swim school they will receive free public swimming at all Wiltshire Council leisure centres
- Once your child’s instructor confirms that your child has completed all aspects of their current stage, the swim lesson co-ordinator will contact you to arrange a move to the next stage
- If there are no spaces on the next stage, your child will keep their place on their existing class and the instructor will adapt the lesson to accommodate them
- Your child will be put on the waiting list for that stage and will receive priority over new customers
- You may request a written progress report directly from your child’s instructor at any point throughout the year and as often as you like
- Your instructor will then have the report ready for you the following week
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Income support
- Working tax credit
- Incapacity benefit or disability allowance
- Housing or council tax benefit
Or you are:
- A full time student over the age of 18
- A dependent under 16 years old of someone in receipt of:
- Income support
- Working tax credit
- Housing benefit
- Council tax benefit
- Registered as disabled
- You will be required to apply for a leisurecard membership card in order to claim your discounts
- Contact reception for more details
- You will be required to show evidence supporting your application
- Refunds aren't usually given.
- For extreme circumstances see the refund policy at reception.
Home portal allows parents to manage their lessons online and be kept informed of their progress. With home portal, you can view assessments, achievements and a detailed analysis of progress.
All children are assessed on a continuous basis and once the appropriate criteria has been passed, teachers will request for your child to be moved up. Parents will receive notification via email when their child has passed a stage and is ready to progress to the next stage. At this point, parents can view all available spaces and pick the most convenient via home portal.
Home portal is currently only available for users of Calne Leisure Centre. Go to home portal to register and get started.Close
Home portal is currently only available to users of Calne Leisure Centre.
- Click on register now
- Answer security questions
- Set up password and read the terms and conditions
- Enter your child's card number. You can register more than one child on the same account.
- Add additional children if required
- You'll be sent an email to complete the registration.
Once you've activated the account and logged on you'll be able to:
- View an overview of your children
- View any badges awarded and history of achievements
- View assessments and detailed analysis of progress
- Add more children to the account
A downloadable version of this guide, with screenshots, is available in the downloads area of this page.
We will be putting on new Discovery Duckling classes from September 18. These are adult / child classes and are being provided on the following times each week:
Tuesdays, 12.45pm - 1.15pm and 1.15pm - 1.45pm.
To reserve a space on either of these classes please contact reception on 01722 434760 or email email@example.comClose
In January 2019 we will be starting adult swimming lessons:
- Be a swimmer - development of water confidence and stroke development
- Be a better swimmer - further development of strokes and increasing water confidence
These will be on Wednesdays at 5.30pm at Springfield Community Campus in Corsham.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name and contact number plus which course you think you'd prefer and reference Springfield Community Campus - adult lessons in the email.Close
Aqualetes has been excellent. Liam really enjoys it, he loves swimming and Aqualetes has been his favourite club. He really liked Jan, his first tutor and Janice his current one. Liam is quite shy but the tutors have all been kind and supportive. The children all seem attentive and well behaved, which shows they must find the lessons engaging and interesting. He did an intensive breaststroke course during the holidays when he was 7 and it helped his technique immensely. As a parent it is good knowing your child is a strong swimmer.
Thanks to all the team - the children have loved their lessons over the years and have progressed amazingly well!
'I would recommend to any parent the Aqualetes programme, it has been worth every penny.'
Intensive swimming lessons
Intensive swimming lessons are a great way to introduce your child to swimming lessons, allowing them to gain water confidence and develop new skills.
Intensives are also a great addition to weekly swimming lessons, facilitating your child’s progression, enabling them to practise the required skills and swimming techniques necessary to complete their current stage.
Details of our next holiday intensives programme will be released below as soon as they are available.
Thanks to all the team at Five Rivers - the children have loved their lessons over the years and have progressed amazingly wellAqualetes parent - July 2018
I would recommend to any parent the Aqualetes programme, it has been worth every penny.Aqualetes parent Calne Leisure Centre - Feb 2018
It has been excellent. Liam really enjoys it, he loves swimming and Aqualetes has been his favourite club. Liam is quite shy but the tutors have all been kind and supportive. As a parent it is good to know that your child is a strong swimmer.Aqualetes parent Calne Leisure Centre - Dec 2016