It's important to keep a healthy weight. Enter your weight and height into the NHS weight calculator to check which range you fall into.
Healthy Me is primarily about having fun! It is a free, 10-week family healthy lifestyle programme for 7 to 11-year-olds and their families. At Healthy Me, we educate families about nutrition and physical activity, helping them to make small, positive lifestyle changes to become healthier, and reach and maintain a healthy weight. Each session is packed full with fun physical activity!
Families receive support over the 10-week programme and beyond through keeping in touch days, where we can review their progress and ensure they continue to make the positive changes they have made during the course.
Contact us today to find out about upcoming programmes: email@example.com or call 01225 716674.
- Session 1: Eat Well Guide, measurements
- Session 2: Food Label reading and Healthy Breakfasts
- Session 3: Energy Balance
- Session 4: Hunger v Cravings and Portion control
- Session 5: Half way measurements
- Session 6: Building Confidence
- Session 7: Healthy Lunches and Hydration
- Session 8: Sugary Drinks and Healthy Snacking
- Session 9: Recipe Modification
- Session 10: Celebration Event, measurements
The programme is suitable for young people and their families. If you are interested in the programme or wish to refer a family, please complete the referral form provided in the Useful Information section on this page and return to the details provided. For any other enquires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 716674.
Other information on weight management
You can self-refer or your doctor or nurse can refer you to:
- Active Health: 12 week physical activity programme at a local leisure centre for ages 16 and above (if you meet certain criteria)
- Dietician appointment (if you need specialist advice and support)
- Child / family healthy weight programme - Healthy Me - healthy living course for families with a child above the healthy weight aged 7 to 11 (from September 2014) – telephone: 01225 716674 or email@example.com
- Health trainers - our dedicated health trainer service can assist you every step of the way to achieving and maintaining your health goals.