Every library in Wiltshire offers a selection of books in alternative formats.
We aim to provide a wide range of titles and are always adding new ones.
- The library service has almost 30,000 books in large print
- Hardbacks and paperbacks are available and titles range from the latest fiction, including crime, contemporary novels and romance to non fiction, including biographies and history amongst others
- The library service has a stock of almost 20,000 talking books
- The majority of these are complete, unabridged recordings
- They are available on CD and in Playaway (MP3) formats
- We also have a collection of eAudiobooks (digital talking books) that can be checked out online
Playaways are available at larger libraries:
- With these items you hire the entire device, and plug a set of headphones into it
- As small as a tape cassette, the entire book is held within it, meaning you do not have to keep slotting them in and out of a machine
- You can also bookmark where you get to
If you have a visual impairment, or have difficulty getting to or using the library, please speak to a member of staff at your local library as they may be able to help. This may include access to our Home Library Service.Close
Search the library catalogue.
Use the drop down box "Change Media Type" to choose a format to search. The options are listed below.
|Format||Name of media type|
|Large print books||Large print|
|Talking books on CD||CD (audio) book|
|Talking books on cassette||Talking book|
|Talking books on Playaway||Talking book - mp3|