You will be allowed access to the computers provided your parent or guardian has visited a library and completed a Parental Consent Form.
If your parent or guardian withdraws consent before you become 16 access will be not be permitted.
The responsibility for monitoring the material accessed by you remains with your parent / guardian.
If you are under 13 years old you will not have access to any social networking sites.
If you are aged 13 -16 you will only be able to access social networking sites with a signed Social Networking – Parental Consent Form.
- Always keep your name, address, mobile phone number and password private - it´s like giving out the keys to your home
- Meeting someone you have contacted on the Internet can be dangerous
- Only do so with your parent or guardian's permission and when they can be present
- Opening emails or files from people you don't really know or trust can get you into trouble
- They may contain nasty messages or viruses
- Remember that someone online may be lying and may not be who they say they are
- Stick to public areas in chat rooms and, if you feel uncomfortable, get out
- Tell your parent, carer or the library staff if someone or something makes you feel uncomfortable or worried
- Also, just in case you should ever need to use it, Childline, the helpline for children and young people with a problem
Tel. No. 0800 1111
The sites listed have been chosen because they should be suitable for children and young people. Information you find on them may not always be accurate, or suitable for homework purposes.Close