Wiltshire library members can download eBooks and eAudiobooks by registering on the Wiltshire RBdigital library catalogue with a valid library card and email address.
To read our eBooks and listen to our eAudiobooks on tablets and smart phones, you need:
- An RBdigital username and password (register for free on the Wiltshire RBdigital library catalogue before logging in to the RBdigital app)
- RBdigital app
To read our eBooks on your eReader, you need:
- An Internet-connected computer
- An RBdigital username and password (register for free on the Wiltshire RBdigital library catalogue)
- Adobe Digital Editions for Mac or PC (free)
To listen to our eAudiobooks on your computer, you need:
- Borrow up to 5 eBooks and 5 eAudiobooks at a time for free
- eBooks and eAudiobooks can be borrowed for up to 21 days and can be returned early
- eBooks and eAudiobooks will automatically expire at the end of the loan period so no need to worry about overdue charges
- Reserve up to 3 eBooks and eAudiobooks at a time for free
- Unfortunately, this service will not be available on Amazon Kindle eReaders, except the Kindle Fire, and Windows smart phones
- The text in eBooks can be enlarged on most devices so all titles can be read in large print
How to download an eBook or eAudiobook
Step 1: Browse
Log in and browse the eBook and eAudiobook catalogue through the RBdigital app or on the Wiltshire RBdigital library catalogue website.Continue to Step 2
Step 2: Borrow
Select a title that you would like to read or listen to and click on ‘Checkout’.
If the title is already on loan to another customer, you will be given the option to place a ‘Hold’ rather than ‘Checkout’.
Step 3: Download ... enjoy!
To your smart phone or tablet:
- Select ‘Read’ or 'Play' to download the title onto your smart phone or tablet within the app
An eBook to your eReader:
- Click ‘Download’ to download the eBook to Adobe Digital Editions. Open Adobe Digital Editions, connect your eReader to your computer and drag and drop the eBook onto your eReader
An eAudiobook to your computer:
- Click 'Download' to open RBdigital Media Manager and start downloading
Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no overdue charges.