Exit Accessibility View

Premises licence

If the supply of alcohol is being applied for, a 'Consent of individual specified as the premises supervisor' form must accompany the premises licence application form.

If you run a food business, you must tell Wiltshire Council about any premises you use for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food (food business includes sale of alcohol) by formally registering the food business. You can do this online. Notification must be received 28 days prior to the start of trading. You will receive automatic confirmation of your food business registration when you submit the form.

Right to Work/Immigration Status

From 6 April 2017, any applicants applying for a Premises licence must submit further documentation to demonstrate entitlement to live and work in the UK.

Notice for newspaper

The application must be advertised by placing a notice on the premises in a position where it is visible from the outside and by placing a notice in a newspaper circulating in the area.

A notice needs to be displayed on the premises for a period of no less than 28 consecutive days, starting on the day after the day on which the application was given to the relevant licensing authority. The notice, in all cases, must be displayed prominently at or on the premises to which the application relates where it can be conveniently read from the exterior of the premises. In the case of a premises covering an area of more than fifty metres square, a further notice in the same form and subject to the same requirements must be displayed every fifty metres along the external perimeter of the premises abutting any highway. The notice must be of a size equal or larger than A4, of a pale blue colour, printed legibly in black ink or typed in black in a font of a size equal to or larger than 16 point.

Example notice PDF (70kb)

Variation of designated premises supervisor


Both an application form and consent to being specified as the Premises Supervisor form must be submitted when applying to vary the DPS.

Surrender of premises licence

Provisional statement

Notification of interest

Interim authority notice

Withdrawal of consent of an individual nominated as the Designated Premises Supervisor

Change of name and/or address of premises licence holder

Request for a copy of a Premises Licence or summary

Annual fees - licensed premises

For information regarding fees applicable for Licence Applications made under the Licensing Act 2003 please see the guidance notes. Please note that if your Licence is subject to an annual fee, the Licensing Act 2003 has been amended to require Licensing Authorities to suspend a Premises Licence/Club Premises Certificate if the annual fee is not paid within 21 days of the due date.

Click here to view

Share this page

Last updated: 24 June 2019 | Last reviewed: 24 June 2019