Applying for a hackney carriage/private hire driver licence
New driver application pack
If you need to renew your driver licence, you need to contact the fleet comliance team to make an appointment to see a compliance officer. You need to make an appointment at least two weeks before your licence expires to make sure that there is enough time for us to process the renewal.
Download the renew a hackney/private hire driver licence to drive a hackney carriage or private hire vehicle form available below.
If you are applying for a driving licence please bring:
- Your DVLA driving licence
- The £220 fee (we can't accept cash)
*Please note: from 1 October 2015, licences for hackney carriage/private hire drivers are issued for three years.Close
If you need to renew your vehicle licence, you need to contact the fleet compliance team to make an appointment to see a compliance officer. You need to make an appointment at least two weeks before your licence expires to make sure that there is enough time for us to process the renewal.
If you are renewing or presenting a new vehicle licence, please bring:
- Your certificate of insurance, stating the registration number of the vehicle. If fleet policy, please provide schedule of vehicles
- V5C vehicle registration certificate
- An MOT certificate that must have been issued within 28 days of the renewal date, or in the case of new vehicles issued within 28 days, before your appointment with us
- A completed application form
- The £187 fee for renewals, or £198 fee for new vehicles (we can't accept cash)
If you are changing ownership of your licensed vehicle to another person please complete the relevant application form below and arrange an appointment with the fleet compliance team.
You will need to bring:
- Completed application form, signed by new owner (proprietor) and previous owner (proprietor)
- New owners (proprietors), certificate of insurance, stating the registration number of the vehicle. If fleet policy, please provide schedule of vehicles.
- Fee of £38 (we can't accept cash)
Notification and request forms
Wheelchair accessible vehicles
The download below contains the list of vehicles designated for section 167 of the Equality Act 2010. The list contains all wheelchair accessible vehicles licensed by Wiltshire Council and includes contact details for the owner.
Hackney carriage maximum table of fares
North, South, East and West Zones
Wiltshire Council Taxi Rank Locations
Taxi Ranks on Private property
Taxi ranks on private property are managed by the land owner and usually require a permit or permission. All enquiries should be directed to the land owner and not to Wiltshire Council; this includes train station ranks.