Please fill in the form below to report a missed bin collection. Please make sure you follow the instructions below when putting out your bin.
Why wasn't my bin collected?
Before reporting a missed bin collection, check:
- You put your bins, bag or box out on the correct day - see rubbish collection days.
- You put them out by 7am on the collection day.
- Your bins were placed out at the kerbside, or the collection point agreed with the council.
- The bin lid was fully closed.
- You used approved bins, bags or labels - see what bins should I have?
- Your waste was separated into the correct bin, bag or box - see what bins should I have?
- Bins, bags or boxes containing commercial or hazardous waste, or those too heavy to be safely moved, will not be collected.
- Collection times may change at short notice due unexpected events such as roadworks or lorry breakdowns. For this reason, please do not report a missed collection until 4pm on your collection day.
- We occasionally experience problems with emptying garden waste bins where the contents have been over-compacted or frozen. Our refuse loaders will endeavour to shake the bins two or three times to try to release the contents as much as possible, but some waste may remain in the bin. Unfortunately, we are unable to return to empty these bins and would ask that you please release the contents before adding any more waste to the bin.
Need help putting your bin out?
If you find it difficult to put out your rubbish and recycling bins or bags, you can apply for an assisted collection by calling us on 0300 456 0102.
Please use this form to let us know if our collection crew missed any of your bins.