European Parliamentary Election takes place on 23 May
The polls are open until 10pm
The European Parliamentary Election takes place today 23 May, so please get out and vote if you're registered.
Wiltshire Council's election team have been busy recruiting staff, booking count and polling station venues and arranging poll cards to be sent out, following the short notice that the election is going ahead.
Here is some of the key information you need:
• The polls are open until 10pm across the county on
• Postal votes must be back with Wiltshire Council by 10pm on 23 May for them to be counted
• People don't need to take their poll card to vote but it does help speed up the process at the polling station if they do
• The verification takes place on the evening of 23 May into the early hours, and this process ensures that the right number of ballots are in each box
• The formal count gets underway on the afternoon of Sunday 26 May with results for Wiltshire fed to Bournemouth, Chirstchurch and Poole Council, as they are collating the south west region's results
• The OVO Energy Tour Series also takes place on 23 May in Salisbury, which means road closures and restrictions will be in place. However, polling stations will still be accessible in Salisbury and people should just allow themselves a little more time to get to theirs
More information can be found on the European Parliamentary Election pages of our website.