Focusing on the Future with Wiltshire Council
It would be good to have a high turn-out of local people attending these meetings as it's really important that we hear the views of our residents and tax payersPhilip Whitehead - Wiltshire Council’s cabinet member for finance
Wiltshire Council welcomes local residents to join its senior leaders at a series of events to discuss the services that the council provides and its plans for future years.
The Focusing on the Future public meetings will be spread across four dates in four locations around Wiltshire in November.
Philip Whitehead - Wiltshire Council's cabinet member for finance will focus on how the council is changing to provide the services that taxpayers expect and need both now and in the years ahead.
The discussion will include:
- Decision making how the council allocates your tax to offer services
- Diligence how it spends wisely to balance the budget
- Difference how it's changing
- Digital how the council is making it easier for you to book, pay and do on line when you want to
- Devolution how parish and town councils and communities can provide more services locally
- Delivery how the council will continue to do what it says it will
Cllr Whitehead said: "It would be good to have a high turn-out of local people attending these meetings as it's really important that we hear the views of our residents and tax payers. We also welcome their questions and look forward to discussing the future plans that the council is putting in place to make sure that it can continue to delivery vital front line services."
Wiltshire Council Focusing on the Future: dates and venues
15 November 2018
Cotswold Room, County Hall
22 November 2018
Council Chamber, Monkton Park
26 November 2018
Devizes Community Hub and Library
29 November 2018
The Banqueting Room, Salisbury Guildhall
Please email email@example.com if you'd like to attend refreshments will be available.
For more information please contact the Wiltshire Council communications team on 01225 713115/6 or 01225 713370.