Improve your mental health and wellbeing at Wiltshire libraries during Libraries Week 2018
Libraries throughout Wiltshire are holding a week of activities and events to celebrate Libraries Week 2018 from 8-13 October.
This year, Libraries Week is focusing on the different ways your local library can help to improve your mental health and wellbeing, as well as showcasing the wide range of other activities and services provided by libraries, including rhyme times, reading groups, health trainer sessions, memory groups and computer help clubs.
John Thomson, cabinet member for libraries said: "This is an excellent opportunity to celebrate what libraries mean to different people and to enjoy a host of fun events taking place throughout the county.
"We hope these events will help to bring our communities together and find out more about all the ways we can help improve our general wellbeing. Everyone is welcome and the library is free to join."
Anyone joining a Wiltshire library during this week will be automatically entered into a prize draw, and one newly joined child member and one adult member selected at random will win a prize.
What's on in your local library
Bradford on Avon Library
- Monday 8 October, 5.30pm-6pm: Mindfulness session (free but booking required).
- Wednesday 10 October, 9.30am-5pm: Wellbeing Wednesday. Every Wednesday we have a selection of colouring, puzzles and board games for you to sit and relax with. Our local health trainer will also be present from 2pm-4pm to offer advice on losing weight, getting active, stopping smoking and improving your mental health.
- Wednesday 10 October, 7pm: Keith Stuart author talk and book signing. Meet the bestselling author of A Boy Made of Blocks and his magical new novel Days of Wonder; tickets £4 (£5 non-library members).
- Thursday 11 October, 12.30pm-1pm: Mindfulness session (free but booking required).
- Saturday 13 October, all day: Once Upon a Saturday, a story and craft session for 4-7-year-olds, with a books and library theme.
- Monday 8 October, 2pm-4pm: Techy Tea party. Tea, cakes and help with your tablet or mobile phone.
- Tuesday 9 October, 9.30am-3pm: Autumn craft fair and book sale
- Tuesday 9 October, 11am: Meet Tom Bromley from the Salisbury Literary Festival, who will tell us about the 2018 festival.
- Wednesday 10 October, 11am-1pm: RNID advice session with information and support about hearing aids.
- Wednesday 10 October, 2pm-5pm: On World Mental Health Day, Wiltshire IAPT will be available to give information and advice about how to access psychological therapies to help improve a range of mental health conditions.
- Thursday 11 October, 11am: Meet our memory group and tell us about your favourite books over tea and biscuits.
- All week: Mindfulness colouring for adults and children, relax while colouring in a special artwork.
- Wednesday 10 October, 10am-12pm: Carers Support Wiltshire offers information and advice for unpaid carers.
- Friday 12 October, 9.30am-11.30am: Carers Support Wiltshire offers information and advice for unpaid carers.
Find out more about these and other activities at Wiltshire libraries or contact your local library. Why not pop in, join up or renew your membership card if you have not used it for a while, and find out all the services we offer?