Summer Solstice 2017
The annual Summer Solstice celebration takes place at Stonehenge on the evening of 20 June until the following morning.
Our council officers will be on-site supporting English Heritage, and other partners, to ensure the celebration runs safely for the many people in attendance.
Here's all the info you need to know:
• To prepare for the celebration, the Stonehenge site closes at 3pm on 20 June and will re-open at 9am on 22 June.
• The extremely hot weather is expected to continue so those attending should bring plenty of water, stay hydrated, cover up, and use sun cream. Latest weather info and advice can be found from the MET Office
• Alcohol is not allowed in the Monument Field during summer solstice
• Due to recent events, additional security will be in place at the event and as a result only small bags (approx 30cm x 25cm x 15cm) will be allowed into the Monument Field, and people are advised to only bring essential items
• The roads will be extremely busy in the area and parking facilities are limited so people are advised to use public transport, car share or arrange lifts from taxis and local accommodation providers.
Key dates and times:
• Solstice car park opens at 7pm
• Access to Monument Field from 7pm
• Sunset due at 9:26pm
• Sunrise due at 4:52am
• Last admission to Solstice Car Park at 6am (or when full)
• Stonehenge Monument Field closes at 8am
• Solstice car park to be vacated by 12pm
For more information please visit the English Heritage website.