How to apply or renew
- You can apply for or renew a Blue Badge online through GOV.UK
- You can complete this request form and we will post a full application pack to you.
- Call the Blue Badge team on 01225 713002 for an application pack. We are open 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Whether you apply online or by post, you need to send us the right paperwork to support your application. Without this we will not be able to start processing your application, your form will be returned to you, and your application will take much longer.
You will need to send us:
- Proof of your identity – such as a copy of your birth or adoption certificate, marriage or divorce certificate, or valid driving licence or passport. This helps prevent fraudulent applications.
- Proof of your address – a copy of your council tax or utility bill, a benefit award letter or letter from a hospital, addressed to you at your home, and dated within the last three months.
- Copies of any other documents and evidence we need to support your application. This will usual be a benefit entitlement letter or recent medical evidence to verify your level of disability.
- A colour photo that meets passport standards with your name and postcode on the back. Passport photo requirements – GOV.UK
- A cheque or postal order for £10 made payable to Wiltshire Council as payment for your badge. This will be returned to you if we decide you are not eligible.
You will find a list of all the documents you need to post us when you apply online, or in the guidance notes in the application pack. Post your supporting documents to:
Blue Badge Team
Provided we receive the right paperwork with your application, we aim to issue your badge within 10 working days.
Cost of a Blue Badge
The cost of a badge is £10. This is the charge if you are applying for a new badge, renewing your badge or applying for a replacement because it has been lost or stolen.
Renewing your badge
You will need to renew your Blue Badge every three years. At least one month before your current badge is due to expire you will be issued with a reminder letter. If you do not receive this letter please contact us to request an application pack. If you have changed your address within the last three years please make sure we have been notified. It is an offence to use an expired badge for parking and you will receive a fine.
When you renew your badge you will need to complete another form as each badge is treated as a new application. Just like a new application, you will need to send us proof of your identity and eligibility.
If you do not wish to renew your badge you need do not need to take any action.
Applying on behalf of another person
You may complete an application on behalf of another person such as a parent, partner or other relative and you may sign the application on their behalf.
Please note the application should always be made in the name of the disabled person. If they qualify, it will be their badge for use in any vehicle and so it is their details, photograph and supporting documents that we will need. This is also the case if you are applying for a badge for your child.
Last updated: 23 December 2013