There are five park and ride sites in Salisbury. They allow you to travel to Salisbury by car, park for free in secure car parks and complete your journey into the city centre by bus.
The service operates from the following sites:
|Beehive||A345 Castle Road (north of the city)||SP4 6BT|
|London Road||A30 London Road (north east of the city)||SP1 3HP|
|Petersfinger||A36 Southampton Road (south east of the city)||SP5 3BZ|
|Britford||A338 Downton Road (south of the city)||SP5 4DS|
|Wilton||off A36 The Avenue (west of the city)||SP2 0BT|
Download a map of the bus services.
- If you are travelling to the rail station, University Technical College or the law courts, you will need to change buses in the centre to take the Wilton service, PR3.
- If you are travelling to Salisbury District Hospital, you will need to change buses in the centre to take the Red1 service.
- If you are catching the bus from a stop outside the park and ride site, please signal clearly to the driver, as these stops are only made on request.
|Price||Ticket||Where to buy|
|£2.50||Adult day return (includes free parking)||On bus|
|£3.50||Group day return for up to four people travelling together (includes free parking)||On bus|
|Price||Ticket (each trip is a one-way trip and can be used at any time)||Where to buy|
|£12||Adult 10-trip||On bus|
|£16.50||Group 10-trip||On bus|
|£60||Adult 60-trip||MiPermit or Salisbury Reds shop in New Canal.|
|£85||Group 60-trip||MiPermit or Salisbury Reds shop in New Canal.|
Salisbury Saver and Network tickets can also be used. These are available as weekly, 30 day or 90 day tickets and can be topped up online.
|Free||Accompanied children aged 7 and under.|
|Free||Concessionary bus pass holders after 9.30am weekdays, all day Saturday and every bank holiday.|
|Free||Park and cycle - cycles can be carried in your car (a folding bike is particularly suitable) or parked at the sites overnight. You can use the cycle journey planner to help you plan a route.|
|Free||Park and walk (into Salisbury).|
These prices are for travel between the sites and the town centre. Fares outside of the sites may be different. Find out the full details of park and ride prices.
- Buses run approximately every 15 minutes for most of the day, Monday to Saturday.
- Late evening buses may show a different service number.
- View the bus timetables.
- You can walk from the sites to use a different bus service such as the Red 2 near to London Road, X3 near to Britford, X7 near to Petersfinger.
The height restriction at all sites is 2.4 metres (8ft). However, the Britford site has a large dedicated area with no height restrictions for oversize vehicles. There is overnight parking available at Hudson's Field campsite during summer months, which we recommend you use if you have a campervan.
- Disabled toilet
- Baby changing facility
- Cycle parking
- You might also consider walking, cycling or car sharing from the site
- All car parks are also covered by Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), and have the Park Mark Safer Parking Award
Returning to the site after it has closed
If you return to the Beehive, Wilton, Britford or London Road sites after 8pm and find the barrier closed, please press and release the help button on the exit gates. This will contact the CCTV control centre, who can raise the barrier for you.
Unfortunately our CCTV centre cannot currently open the barriers at the Petersfinger site outside of our opening hours. You must collect your car between 7.25am and 6.45pm Monday to Fridays, and 7.50am and 6.40pm on Saturdays – it is not possible to exit the Petersfinger car park at night or on Sundays.
You may park overnight, but your car is left at your own risk and the council accepts no responsibility for any damage to your car.
You can plan your journey using the Transport Direct Journey Planner by using the Connecting Wiltshire website.
The park and ride bus service is run by the Salisbury Reds bus company on behalf of Wiltshire Council and forms part of the local bus network in Salisbury. If you need further information or experience a problem with the operation of the park and ride bus service, please call 01225 718080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you leave something on a park and ride bus, please call 01722 332897 to see if it has been handed in.
Last updated: 28 May 2015