Four free Park & Ride days have been granted for Salisbury These days coincide with the Salisbury Charter Market and the Christmas Market in Salisbury.
- Saturday 29 November 2014
- Saturday 6 December 2014
- Saturday 13 December 2014
- Saturday 20 December 2014
are five park and ride sites
in Salisbury. They allow you to travel to Salisbury by car, park for free in secure car parks and complete
your journey into the city centre by bus.
The service operates from the following sites:
- Beehive A345 Castle Road (north of the city)
- Britford A338 Downton Road (south of the city)
- London Road A30 London Road (north east of the city)
- Petersfinger A36 Southampton Road (south east of the city)
- Wilton off A36 The Avenue (west of the city)
Opening hours vary, please check individual sites for details.
- £2.50 per day for bus and parking
- £3.50 per day for a group of up to four people travelling together plus free parking
- £13 adult 11 - journey saver ticket
- Accompanied children 7 and under - Free
- Free for concessionary bus pass holders
- Buses run every 12-15 minutes Monday to Friday
- Buses run every 12-20 minutes on Saturday
The height restriction at all sites is 2.4 metres (8 ft). However, the Britford site has a large dedicated area with no height restrictions for oversize vehicles. There is overnight parking available at Hudson's Field campsite which we recommend you use if you have a campervan.
- Disabled toilet
- Baby changing facility
- Cycle parking
- You might also consider walking, cycling or car sharing from the site
- All car parks are also covered by Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), and have the Park Mark Safer Parking Award
You can plan your journey using the Transport Direct Journey Planner by using the www.connectingwiltshire.co.uk. website
If you are traveling to the rail station or the law courts, you will need to change buses in the centre to take the Wilton service
If you are travelling to Salisbury District Hospital, you will need to change buses in the centre to take the Red1 service run by Wilts & Dorset. This will cost extra unless you are a concessionary bus pass holder – it may be better value to use Wilts & Dorset services for the whole journey.
Last updated: 8 September 2014