We offer a pre-application advice service to anyone wanting help with a development before the submission of a planning application.
The aim of our pre-application service is to provide responsive, consistent and timely advice that de-risks the application process and reduces the time taken to deal with your application through the formal decision making stage.
Pre-application advice will provide you with the following benefits:
- An understanding of how our policies will be applied to your proposal
- Identify the need for specialist input at an early stage e.g. for listed buildings, transportation, trees, landscape, noise, health, ecology, contaminated land or archaeology
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for formal submission, which, if you follow our advice, should be handled more quickly and be more likely to result in a positive outcome
- Help to reduce the time that you or your professional advisors spend in working up the proposals
- Identify those proposals that are completely unacceptable, so saving you the cost of pursuing a formal application.
How to make a request for pre application advice
Complete the appropriate application form below and send it to us with the relevant plans and correct fee. Please see the form for details of which area office you should return it.
- Request for pre-planning application advice Request for pre-planning application advice 273kb
- Request for pre-planning application advice - non-householder and commercial proposals Request for pre-planning application advice - non-householder and commercial proposals 269kb
We will acknowledge receipt of your request, inform you who will be dealing with the enquiry and tell you when you can expect to get a response.
- Pre-planning application frequently asked questions 84kb Pre-planning application frequently asked questions.pdf
- Pre application advice charges
Planning a new development
We recommend that all developers work with a telecommunication partner or subcontractor in the early stages of planning for any new development to make sure that Next Generation Access Broadband is a fundamental part of the project. Access to superfast broadband should be thought of as an essential utility for all new homes and businesses and given the same importance as water or power in any development design. Is your development ready for superfast broadband?
Last updated: 16 August 2016