Planning applications online
This facility allows you to view planning applications that have been submitted at each Planning office. These offices are based at Chippenham, Salisbury, Devizes and Trowbridge.
We are currently experiencing some problems with the uploading of documents to the planning online systems, you may have difficulty in viewing some plans or correspondence. We hope to have this issue resolved by Friday 8 November 2013. All comments received will be taken into consideration but may not appear on the website until next week.
If your enquiry is urgent and you need to view plans, please email Developmentmanagement@wiltshire.gov.uk with the relevant application number and the team will do their best to email these to you.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
- North Wiltshire - For all applications deposited at our Chippenham office
- South Wiltshire - For all applications deposited at our Salisbury office (New Forest National Park)
- East Wiltshire - For all applications deposited at our Trowbridge office.
- West Wiltshire - For all applications deposited at our Trowbridge office
If you would like to see paper copies of planning applications, please contact your local planning office.
The service also allows you to submit comments on current planning applications view the progress of an application and view weekly lists of applications received, and decisions made.
Please note that if you comment on a planning application, letters will be scanned and placed onto the Councils’ website so that you can view and check that your letter has been received. All letters will be placed on the file and will be open to public inspection under the provisions of the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
In the interests of transparency in the planning process, the council has a duty to make available for public inspection, representations it receives from consultees and members of the public. This is a statutory function in the public interest and the Council does not adopt or endorse the comments made but makes a decision on the application in accordance with the established procedures and after careful scrutiny. The Council consults widely on all sorts of matters and it is not appropriate for the council to edit consultation responses save in very exceptional circumstances in pursuit of the public interest.
Our online mapping systems are GIS or Geographic Information Systems. A GIS allows us to view information on maps such as planning applications, flood zones and conservation areas. You can use it to look up and locate an address in the county, view council information and print it.
- North Wiltshire For mapping information at our Chippenham office
- South Wiltshire For mapping information at our Salisbury office (New Forest National Park)
- East Wiltshire For mapping information at our Devizes office
- West Wiltshire For mapping information at our Trowbridge office (select view map on the left menu)
Please direct any enquiries about the online mapping facility to the relevant area contact details at the foot of this page.
Planning application lists (South)
- Weekly planning decision list This page contains an archive of weekly decisions. To search for a specific decision, or for decision between particular dates or in particular locations, use the planning application advanced search.
- Weekly planning application lists This page contains an archive of weekly lists of planning applications. To search for a specific planning application, or for applications between particular dates or in particular locations, use the planning application advanced search.
Part of Wiltshire includes part of the New Forest National Park, including the villages of Landford, Nomansland, Hamptworth, Lover and Redlynch. Since April 2006 the National Park Authority has been responsible for all planning policy, development control, minerals and waste and enforcement matters in the National Park.
Please note that the plans, drawings and materials submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 and copies are made available in accordance with Section. 47 of that Act.
You may only use material which is downloaded and or printed for consultation purposes; to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with the approved plans.
Downloaded material may not be used for commercial purposes and further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Last updated: 24 October 2013