This consultation closed on 31 December 2009. The following is provided for information purposes only.
Wiltshire Council consulted on Wiltshire 2026 - Planning For Wiltshire's Future between 30 October and 31 December, 2009. Wiltshire 2026 is an important stage in the production of the Wiltshire Core Strategy.
What's on this page?
On this page, you will find the following information. Please click on one of the links below to go directly to that section of the page.
- Report, responses and feedback presentations for the Wiltshire 2026 consultation
- Wiltshire 2026 consultation document, supporting information and sustainability appraisal
- Wiltshire Core Strategy Video
Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future was an important stage in the production of the Wiltshire Core Strategy, which provided an overall vision and strategy for meeting Wiltshire's needs over a 20 year period. When adopted, the core strategy will eventually replace elements of existing local plans.
To find out why the Core Strategy is important for Wiltshire over the next 20 years and how you can get involved in the process, watch the Wiltshire Core Strategy video.
Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future brings together all the work carried out by the former district councils and presents a strategy for development in Wiltshire for the period to 2026.
However, it does not look at south Wiltshire (former Salisbury District Council) following the formal adoption of the South Wiltshire Core Strategy in the Spring of 2012.
Following the Wiltshire 2026 consultation and community involvement events of Autumn/ Winter 2009, this report provides an accurate record of responses gathered by the consultation and briefly summarises the general themes that people and organisations feel to be important for Wiltshire and their own communities within it.
The report is divided into two parts. The main report is a summary of the consultation, whereas the appendices contain summarised responses and reports on workshops and exhibitions. Both documents are available to download below.
- Wiltshire 2026 Consultation Methodology and Output Report August 2010 764kb
- Wiltshire 2026 Consultation Methodology and Output Report Appendices August 2010 955kb
Individual comments submitted during the consultation period are available to view through our online consultation portal, which can be accessed through the link below.
Feedback to Community Area Boards
During Spring / Summer 2010, the Spatial Planning Team attended Wiltshire Community Area Board meetings and presented feedback on the Wiltshire 2026 consultation tailored to each community area. This feedback followed on from the exhibitions held in each community area during the consultation period.
The feedback presentations and display material from the exhibitions are available to download from the table below.
Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future formed the main consultation document. It invited comment on three key areas; a vision and strategic objectives for Wiltshire; preferred strategic site allocations, and a spatial strategy for Wiltshire.
The full document is available to download below, along with the response form.
- Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future October 2009 3.6mb
- Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future Response Form 44kb
- Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future Response Form 61kb
Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future was supported by a series of background papers that explain parts of the process in more detail. These and other supporting information, such as evidence base studies and relevant LDF documents, are available to view through the links below.
- Planning for Wiltshire's Future Newsletter Issue 1 439kb
- Wiltshire 2026 Vision and Strategic Objectives Background Paper October 2009 1.4mb
- Wiltshire 2026 Strategic Sites Background Paper October 2009 7.1mb
- Wiltshire 2026 West of Swindon Background Paper October 2009 866kb
- Wiltshire 2026 Spatial Strategy Background Paper October 2009 6.8mb
- Wiltshire Core Strategy Habitat Regulations Assessment October 2009 3.8mb
- Wiltshire LDF Strategic Transport Assessment April 2009 1.0mb
- Wiltshire Workspace and Employment Land Strategy August 2009
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
- Local Development Scheme
- Annual Monitoring Report
Wiltshire Council also consulted on the Sustainability Appraisal Report. Sustainability appraisal is a process that tests all emerging planning policies to make sure they are moving towards creating more sustainable places to live and work.
A sustainability appraisal report was prepared to consider the possible locations for development and make sure the environment is protected and social issues and economic interests are addressed.
Copies of all the sustainability appraisal documents and the response form are available to download below.
- Wiltshire Sustainability Appraisal Report October 2009 521kb
- Wiltshire Sustainability Appraisal Report Non-Technical Summary October 2009 180kb
- Wiltshire Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendices October 2009 653kb
- Wiltshire SA Report October 2009 Response Form 57kb
- Wiltshire SA Report October 2009 Response Form 40kb
Wiltshire 2026 - Planning for Wiltshire's Future was an important stage in the preparation of the Wiltshire Core Strategy. The Wiltshire Core Strategy video explains the importance of the Core Strategy to Wiltshire over the next 20 years. Just click on the image to play the short video clip.
Last updated: 29 August 2012