Coronavirus information - cancellation of all ceremonies
We are following guidance from central government, the General Register Office for England and Wales, Public Health England and Wiltshire Council. Read more on the GOV.UK website.
All ceremonies booked in outside venues or in our own ceremony rooms are cancelled until further notice as per Government guidelines.
If you wish to postpone or reschedule your ceremony for later in the year, at your original venue, you can do so at no additional cost from the Registration Service.
No new ceremony bookings will be taken until further notice.
If your authorities to marry run out before you can reschedule your ceremony with the venue we will offer new Notice of Marriage appointments free of charge to those who live in Wiltshire. These will have to be given at least 30 days before the date of your newly arranged ceremony.
Those couples who live outside of Wiltshire should contact their local register office to find out what arrangements they have put in place.
Notice Of Marriage or Civil Partnership appointment
All bookings suspended until further notice.
All online bookings suspended until further notice.
Ceremony at your local Registration Office. All Wiltshire Council sites are now smoke-free, both inside and outside the buildings
This ceremony has been put together by our professional, caring and dedicated Ceremonies Team and it includes vows, promises, music and readings.
Do you have your heart set on a venue for your ceremony only to find out that it isn't licensed for marriages?
Would you like to hold your ceremony in a family garden or in a marquee?
The law in this country enables same sex couples to choose between entering into marriage or forming a civil partnership. If you have decided you would prefer a civil partnership our registration team will be happy to work with you to create a unique and individual ceremony to make your day very special.
Conversion of a Civil Partnership to Marriage
You can simply book an appointment to attend our Chippenham, Salisbury or Trowbridge Registration offices and complete the conversion paperwork.
Then if you choose:
We can complete your conversion process with a celebratory ceremony for you, your family and friends at a Registration Office or venue of your choice.
Celebration of Marriage
Who can have one?
- Couples that have already legally married or registered their civil partnership,we just need you to provide us with a copy of your marriage certificate.
- It's a great way to commemorate a special anniversary by renewing your vows
- If you married abroad or quietly in this country you may want to celebrate your union in the presence of wider family and friends
- If you are converting a civil partnership to marriage and want to share the moment with those who are important to you
- Celebrate your renewed commitment to each other
- A Welcoming or Naming ceremony provides a unique opportunity to make promises to guide, nurture and protect your child
- It can include promises from specially chosen adults to show how much this child means to them and to offer you their support in your child's future
- We can provide a personal, relaxed and happy ceremony, tailored to your wishes, which can be held wherever and whenever you choose
- Children of any age can have a Welcoming Ceremony and if you have more than one child they can all take part in the same ceremony
- This could also be combined with other ceremonies
Online ceremony arrangements planner
Once you have booked your marriage ceremony with us, you can use our online planner to keep on track with your ceremony. You will be able see what stage you are at, when your marriage authorities are ready and when payment needs to be made. You will also be able to tell us about your ideas and preferences for your ceremony, and use the facility to write your personlised ceremony yourselves.