Notice Of Marriage or Civil Partnership appointment
Appointments can be booked on-line for our Chippenham, Salisbury (Bourne Hill) and Trowbridge (County Hall). If you wish to book a Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership appointment at an Outstation, please telephone 0300 003 4570. Please remember to arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time so staff can process your payment of the notice fee which is £35.00 per person, prior to your appointment with the registrar.
Planning your wedding for 2020?
Have you considered 20 February 2020? According to reports in the media a leading Astrologist considers this the most auspicious date to marry. All the key planets for commitment and emotional stability will be aligned on this date. We would love to marry you in Wiltshire. Give us a call on 0300 003 4570 to plan your ceremony!
Ceremony, Notice Of Marriage or Civil Partnership appointment
What can we offer you?
Ceremony at your local Registration Office. All Wiltshire Council sites are now smoke-free, both inside and outside the buildings
This ceremony has been put together by our professional, caring and dedicated Ceremonies Team and it includes vows, promises, music and readings.
Do you have your heart set on a venue for your ceremony only to find out that it isn't licensed for marriages?
Would you like to hold your ceremony in a family garden or in a marquee?
The law in this country enables same sex couples to choose between entering into marriage or forming a civil partnership. If you have decided you would prefer a civil partnership our registration team will be happy to work with you to create a unique and individual ceremony to make your day very special.
Conversion of a Civil Partnership to Marriage
You can simply book an appointment to attend our Chippenham, Salisbury or Trowbridge Registration offices and complete the conversion paperwork.
Then if you choose:
We can complete your conversion process with a celebratory ceremony for you, your family and friends at a Registration Office or venue of your choice.
Celebration of Marriage
Who can have one?
- Couples that have already legally married or registered their civil partnership,we just need you to provide us with a copy of your marriage certificate.
- It's a great way to commemorate a special anniversary by renewing your vows
- If you married abroad or quietly in this country you may want to celebrate your union in the presence of wider family and friends
- If you are converting a civil partnership to marriage and want to share the moment with those who are important to you
- Celebrate your renewed commitment to each other
- A Welcoming or Naming ceremony provides a unique opportunity to make promises to guide, nurture and protect your child
- It can include promises from specially chosen adults to show how much this child means to them and to offer you their support in your child's future
- We can provide a personal, relaxed and happy ceremony, tailored to your wishes, which can be held wherever and whenever you choose
- Children of any age can have a Welcoming Ceremony and if you have more than one child they can all take part in the same ceremony
- This could also be combined with other ceremonies
Online ceremony arrangements planner
Once you have booked your marriage ceremony with us, you can use our online planner to keep on track with your ceremony. You will be able see what stage you are at, when your marriage authorities are ready and when payment needs to be made. You will also be able to tell us about your ideas and preferences for your ceremony, and use the facility to write your personlised ceremony yourselves.