How long is this course?
This is a 30 hour course, usually delivered over ten 3 hour sessions or ten 2 hours sessions with homework.
Outline of course:
- This course aims to provide you with a structured programme leading to an adult numeracy qualification.
- This course will include tips to help you to support your child with their homework.
- You will be given information on further family learning opportunities and wider personal development suggestions.
- There will be a half-day trip at the end of the course.
What’s it all about?
- This course will help you to achieve a national qualification in numeracy at either level 1 or level 2 as appropriate.
What will I learn on this course?
- You will refresh your numeracy skills.
- You will learn about the four operation of number.
- You will learn about fractions, decimals and percentages.
- You will learn about metric measures.
- You will become familiar with perimeter, area and volume.
Who can attend this course?
Any adult family member or carer who would like to support their children. The funding for this course does not support paid carers of other children to attend.
How much is this course?
Nothing, the course is free. There is free childcare available for young children.
Will the course be assessed?
Yes, you will receive an initial assessment to find out where you are now. You will also be required to complete some paperwork during the course. At the end of the course there will be an opportunity to take a national qualification in numeracy at either level 1 or level 2 as appropriate.
Information and advice on further courses (family learning, voluntary and local opportunities) will be offered as part of the course. There may be the opportunity to gain a national qualification in literacy or numeracy on a future course.
For further details on this course and other family learning events and programmes please contact the Family Learning Team.
Last updated: 3 March 2011