Customer noticePlease be aware we are reviewing the way we deliver music services in Wiltshire.. As part of this review we are committed to developing Wiltshire Music Connect, our music education hub so we can ensure a sustainable delivery model. All parents whose children use the Wiltshire Music Service will be receiving a letter detailing the proposed changes to the Wiltshire Music Service proposed changes to the Wiltshire Music Service 84kb from their child’s music tutor or through clubs and groups they attend. If you would like to be kept informed during this process of change and about Wiltshire Music Connect’s longer term developments, then you can register to be on our family email bulletin list at connecting young people to music making.
Wiltshire Music Service (WMS) provides a high quality music education service.
Working in partnership with schools WMS aims to support all aspects of the music curriculum and give children and young people access to stimulating and rewarding experiences in music.
Wiltshire Music Service is part of Wiltshire Council’s Commissioning, Performance and School Effectiveness Team.
Through its specialist staff and peripatetic music tutors, Wiltshire Music Service aims
To provide and support sustainable and inclusive high quality instrumental and vocal tuition for Children & Young People
- from first access through to advanced stages.
- working with schools and school teachers supporting curriculum as appropriate
To support high quality clubs groups and ensembles and to provide opportunities to experience high quality performances which enable and inspire young people from all backgrounds to progress their musical skills and interests.
To work, contribute and develop as a key specialist provider within the Wiltshire Music Connect Music Education Hub and to contribute to achieving wider Council and County plans / strategies.
Wiltshire Music Service is the lead organisation of Wiltshire Music Connect, the music education hub for Wiltshire and receives funding from Arts Council England.
Benefits of learning music
- Music boosts attainment levels
- Music improves learning skills
- Music fosters team working
- Music enhances social skills
- Music underpins better behaviour
- Music encourages creativity
- Music is for life
- Music is an educational building block
- Music is fun
- Music is for everyone
Wiltshire Music Service offers schools
- high quality instrumental and vocal tuition
- whole class First Access instrumental teaching (Wider Opportunities)
- curriculum support for music at key stage 1 and 2
- a comprehensive network of out of school ensembles and choirs (Young Musicians’ clubs)
- support for singing in schools
- music related CPD
- workshops and demonstrations for the schools
- special music projects
WMS teaching programmes develop musicianship and performance skills, are linked to the National Curriculum and extend and enhance music learning in schools.
Benefits to your school
All our teachers:
- are selected by audition and interview
- are subject to CRB and reference checks
- participate in performance management
- are offered suitable in-service training
- A developed and well tested pedagogical approach
- Provision that compliments the curriculum, responds to Ofsted requirements and adds to your school’s achievement
- Support for your school’s Music Teachers / Coordinators and Senior Managers
- Quality assurance and the benefits of a wide team of experienced specialists
- Pupil support, guidance & progression
The service adds value to the instrumental tuition in schools by providing comprehensive, high quality out of school hours ensembles, bands, choirs and orchestras, from beginner to advanced level.
For academic year September 2014 - July 2015
|Area of work||Charges per hour|
|First access whole class teaching for primaries (first group) 'core'||£29.00|
|First access whole class teaching for primaries second subsequent classes / groups||£47.00|
|Individual and group instrumental and vocal teaching||£35.63|
|Vocal animateur / choirs||£47.00|
The minimum order is 30 minutes per week.
The Music Service is delivered to your school via “The right choice for your school ….” and the terms and conditions apply as described in The right choice …brochure. Should you need to change your order during the year this can be arranged, providing we have at least four weeks’ notice.
Who to contact for further information
For further information parents and pupils should contact the Head of Music or Music Co-ordinator in their school.
Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiltshire Young Musicians
|Salisbury Area Young Musicians clubs||01722 334032|
|West Wiltshire Young Musicians clubs||01225 860115|
|Kennet Young Musicians clubs||01225 860115|
|North Wiltshire Young Musicians clubs||01225 860115|
|Wiltshire and Swindon Youth Orchestra||01225 713845|
|Wiltshire Youth Jazz Orchestra||01225 713871|
Last updated: 25 February 2015