September 2015 admissions
Thursday 16 April 2015 is National Offer Day for primary and junior schools
If you have submitted an online application for a primary or junior school place before the national deadline of 15 January 2015, you will be able to view the outcome of your application online on Thursday 16 April 2015 using the online system after 7am. Please note you will not be able to view the decision of your application before then.
You will need your username, as well as your password so that you can view the outcome of your application. If you have forgotten your password you will be able to reset this by clicking on the forgotten password link which is on the main screen of the online application system.
How to accept or decline your place
All parents including those who applied online before the deadline of 15 January 2015 will be sent a letter confirming the outcome of their application. The letter will be posted on Thursday 16 April 2015 and will provide you with details on how to accept or decline the place which your child has been offered. The letter will also provide you with details on how to appeal for any school which your child has been refused a place at, as well as details on how to add your child's name to the waiting list. You will not be able to accept or decline the place online. Please note that no decision on applications will be given out over the telephone.
The application process
The school admissions team is responsible for allocating primary and secondary school places at local authority schools in Wiltshire.
Going to a new school is an important step for your child and we want to make the process of applying for a place as easy as possible. These pages will guide you through the application process.
- When will my child start school?
- Choosing a school
- Types of school and year groups
- Applying for a primary school place
- Applying for a secondary school place
- Admission criteria
- Waiting lists
- Changing your child's school - applying for a school place at times other than the normal admissions round
- Useful information - including catchment areas, term dates, free schools meals and transport to school.
- Application forms, guides and policy documents
Formal consultation on co-ordinated schemes and admission arrangements for voluntary controlled and community schools in 2016/17
We are consulting on the proposed admissions criteria and admission arrangements for our voluntary controlled and community schools for the 2016/17 academic year.
We are also consulting on the proposed schemes for co-ordination of admissions to all maintained schools and academies in the 2016/17 academic year.
- Proposed co-ordinated admissions scheme for secondary school admissions for 2016/17 121kb Proposed co-ordinated admissions scheme for secondary school admissions for 2016/17
Proposed admissions arrangements
- Proposed admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled primary schools for 2016/17 152kb Proposed admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled primary schools for 2016/17
- Proposed admission arrangements for community and voluntary vontrolled secondary schools for 2016/17 82kb Proposed admission arrangements for community and voluntary vontrolled secondary schools for 2016/17
The consultation period ended on Friday 20 February 2015.
To respond to this consultation please send your comments by email to email@example.com or you can write to:
School Admissions Team
- Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted)
- Department for Education - government department responsible for education and children's services.
- Is someone else's child living with you? Is someone else's child living with you? 107kb
Last updated: 8 May 2015